Who do people in adverts always look perfect?

why are they so perfect and skinny and rich and have loads going for them

the media really do not show things in a true light do they

Well now I know;I thought all the people in adverts lived down our street.You should set up a course called Media Studies.I will now bin my rose-tints

• 5 months later...

Yeah, that Envirophone guy who screams "WONGA! WONGA! WONGA!" at the top of his voice. He is quite popular I think. I think it's cool really. Imagine when he's on a night out in bars. I bet all the girls come up to him and he screams "WONGA! WONGA! WONGA!" to impress them all. It is a sure fire success maker! It's like he was a nobody in life. An absolute nobody but then Envirophone spotted his potential and catapulted him to fame and glory. Now the girls won't leave him alone I bet and it's really good that a good, normal, honest man like he probably is gets the recognition he has probably been searching for all his life. Good on him!

yeh, they even show working class wrong, its a joke

those women on the halifax advert in the studio, now who really is that happy and lucky at work to be fooling around in a studio

also, anything with women in are always young thin and sexy types, the blokes are always smart and handsome

it makes you wonder why there is so much pressure on poeple nowadays to look and sound a certain way

The Halifax actually use Halifax staff for their ads.

The Halifax actually use Halifax staff for their ads.
The blonde on the phone who drops her mug is an actress who appears in one of The Soldiers music videos.

However, any ad could claim to be using their own staff. After all, once you agree to appear in an advert, and accept a wage for doing so, you do become an employee of the company during the duration of the advert.

The blonde on the phone who drops her mug is an actress who appears in one of The Soldiers music videos.

However, any ad could claim to be using their own staff. After all, once you agree to appear in an advert, and accept a wage for doing so, you do become an employee of the company during the duration of the advert.

Do Halifax actually make their own adds, or do they commission an advertising agency to make them for them?

Do Halifax actually make their own adds, or do they commission an advertising agency to make them for them?

Judging by the number of professional actors they include I'd say an agency.

Sarah Applewood who drops the mug of tea.

Fliss Walton Isa, Isa, baby.

Edited to add;

Howard Brown was, however, a real customer service adviser for Halifax.

yeh, they even show working class wrong, its a joke

those women on the halifax advert in the studio, now who really is that happy and lucky at work to be fooling around in a studio

also, anything with women in are always young thin and sexy types, the blokes are always smart and handsome

it makes you wonder why there is so much pressure on poeple nowadays to look and sound a certain way

You dont see yourself in adverts like I do;where do you think they find these people-agencies ?

Archived