Now then. Can I ask a favour?

exbrit

Greetings. I am from Ecclesall now living in Indonesia. I need a friend who could make an occasional local phone call to my sister when I cannot get her online. Any knights in shining armour there? Thanks...Sheldon

I'm from Wath but now in Indonesia (Jakarta).

I have ways for you to make cheap (and legal) calls to the UK from your Indonesian mobile.

PM me to make sure I see your post if you're interested.

I need to know your Indo network but you can do it from any.

You're talking as low as Rp300/minute.

I'm from Wath but now in Indonesia (Jakarta).

I have ways for you to make cheap (and legal) calls to the UK from your Indonesian mobile.

PM me to make sure I see your post if you're interested.

I need to know your Indo network but you can do it from any.

You're talking as low as Rp300/minute.

Lovely. I just made a 3 minute call which cost me 50,000, Seems that I cannot PM you until I have five posts. as we are on the same time zone, maybe we can chat on Yahoo messenger (exbrit69)

the cheek of it. Is there no phones in indonesia?

There re several mobile networks and a government run landline company in Indonesia but they work in a totally different way to UK nets and, until you get the idea, it's hard work trying to graft out trying to work them out.

That's the thing about moving to a new country.

Please engage your brain before opening mouth :)

exbrit - I'll add you to my yahoo now - watch out for the tiger.

the cheek of it. Is there no phones in indonesia?

Sure there are but there are also a couple of problems. I was a pilot for 30 odd years and my hearing has gone down the drain making it difficult to understand cell phones, thus I rely mainly on text. Next my sister there is very technically inept and even though I wrote out the instructions, she has difficulty in using email and messenger. Can't even handle reading SMS on her phone.

Can you get cheap copy watches ?.

Never thought about that but there's a lot of stuff made here that would cost about 5 times the price there. The cost of living in my estimate, in the small town where I live is about one tenth the UK price. For instance, when I was in Sheffield last week, my sister bought a salmon and paid 16 quid for it. In the local market here it would be two or three quid. One can rent a little house here for about 200 quid a YEAR. No bloody speed cameras, VAT, parking Nazis, building permits, TV/dog/fishing licences etc.

Archived