Now then. Can I ask a favour?

exbrit

Never thought about that but there's a lot of stuff made here that would cost about 5 times the price there. The cost of living in my estimate, in the small town where I live is about one tenth the UK price. For instance, when I was in Sheffield last week, my sister bought a salmon and paid 16 quid for it. In the local market here it would be two or three quid. One can rent a little house here for about 200 quid a YEAR. No bloody speed cameras, VAT, parking Nazis, building permits, TV/dog/fishing licences etc.

How much does it cost to buy a village and would you become head man. ?.

How much does it cost to buy a village and would you become head man. ?.

That would depend on the village. My old village had 160 houses that would average at about Rp40 million/house.

At 2,800 quid per house that would work out at around £500,000 including the goats and maybe a few cows.

That would depend on the village. My old village had 160 houses that would average at about Rp40 million/house.

At 2,800 quid per house that would work out at around £500,000 including the goats and maybe a few cows.

Why, on earth, do the prices make me quake :suspect:

• 1 month later...
Never thought about that but there's a lot of stuff made here that would cost about 5 times the price there. The cost of living in my estimate, in the small town where I live is about one tenth the UK price. For instance, when I was in Sheffield last week, my sister bought a salmon and paid 16 quid for it. In the local market here it would be two or three quid. One can rent a little house here for about 200 quid a YEAR. No bloody speed cameras, VAT, parking Nazis, building permits, TV/dog/fishing licences etc.

do we still have dog licences in the uk

yes there ar many site selling copies / replicas

This thread just popped it's ugly head back up so I thought I'd answer that one.

Loads of pirate anything out here with almost no law enforcement to stop the trade but most of the stuff tends to be pretty crap so I don't buy it.

DVDs are on every street corner and you have little choice to buy if you want the film because a kosher one is almost impossible to get.

Sure there are but there are also a couple of problems. I was a pilot for 30 odd years and my hearing has gone down the drain making it difficult to understand cell phones, thus I rely mainly on text. Next my sister there is very technically inept and even though I wrote out the instructions, she has difficulty in using email and messenger. Can't even handle reading SMS on her phone.

'Technically inept', go back 50 years and tell me that I would be chatting to a bloke in Indonesia, on a machine that would fit in a brief case, about miniscule telephones with no cords, they would have locked me up. ;)

Anything that I can do for you I will be pleased to do.

A few PMs and a yahoo messenger chat or two sorted out the problem.

Much of this country still has really poor internet so Skype and similar aren't always possible. The gobby dogs on here that assume Sheffield is the whole world. have yet again proven they haven't a clue.

Archived