Coalition have chosen new Libyan leaders ?

According to the news tonight Cameron has been getting cosy with who they have decided are the "rebel leaders".

it follows that these people are the ones THEY would like to see come out on top,they will no doubt be puppets put in place to create an illusion of democracy like we have here.(my opinion of course)

Time will tell.

According to the news tonight Cameron has been getting cosy with who they have decided are the "rebel leaders".

it follows that these people are the ones THEY would like to see come out on top,they will no doubt be puppets put in place to create an illusion of democracy like we have here.(my opinion of course)

Time will tell.

Let's hope for their sakes they ain't put Cleggy in!:hihi:

Time will tell.

The problem with Western intervention is no matter who leads the country they'll be suspiciously regarded as puppets. Only time will tell if they are or not.

Perhaps you might consider sending some politicians to help the Libyans govern their country when the fighting has died down a bit?

They will need experienced politicians.

I'm sure they'd be queueing up to go.

Even better send all of em

Time will tell.

they have decided that they are the rebel leaders because they are the rebel leaders

why would they be puppets?

i've no idea what the rebel leaders plans are, i very much doubt they know what their plans are. at the minute all they want to do is remove gadaffi and his followers, given their precarious position they probably haven't given much thought to what comes next.

They haven't "chosen" any new leaders. The UN mandate permits NATO to enforce a no fly zone and that's it. There is no agenda to "pick" new leaders and at this point in time even the rebels themselves more than likely dont have any clear idea who among them could be a potential leader if, and assuming that Ghadaffi disappears.

There may well be long drawn out conflicts anyway if the rebels cannot seize Tripoli. They seem lik a bit of a rag tag mob. The passion is there but they're lightly armed whereas Ghadaffi still has tanks and heavy artillery.

NATO warplanes have the mission " only to protect the lives of civilians" which means destroying Libyan military ground weapons that are being used offensively against civilians but there is nothing in the mission that says that they have to aid the rebels in seizing Tripoli and toppling Ghadaffi.

Western leaders seem to be thinking " we hope he goes but we dont want to be seen as actively participating in actual regime change"

They haven't "chosen" any new leaders. The UN mandate permits NATO to enforce a no fly zone and that's it. There is no agenda to "pick" new leaders and at this point in time even the rebels themselves more than likely dont have any clear idea who among them could be a potential leader if, and assuming that Ghadaffi disappears.

There may well be long drawn out conflicts anyway if the rebels cannot seize Tripoli. They seem lik a bit of a rag tag mob. The passion is there but they're lightly armed whereas Ghadaffi still has tanks and heavy artillery.

NATO warplanes have the mission " only to protect the lives of civilians" which means destroying Libyan military ground weapons that are being used offensively against civilians but there is nothing in the mission that says that they have to aid the rebels in seizing Tripoli and toppling Ghadaffi.

Western leaders seem to be thinking " we hope he goes but we dont want to be seen as actively participating in actual regime change"

Both Cameron and Clinton (H) have been having talks "getting to know" who they say are the rebel leaders,i didn't think there were any leaders as such but it seems the coalition have there mind on somebody.

Both Cameron and Clinton (H) have been having talks "getting to know" who they say are the rebel leaders,i didn't think there were any leaders as such but it seems the coalition have there mind on somebody.

Perhaps these rebel leaders?

http://www.trust.org/alertnet/news/rebel-leaders-press-un-envoy-for-libya-ceasefire

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/10/libya-rebel-administration

http://jafrianews.com/2011/03/11/france-takes-the-lead-to-recognize-libyan-revolutionary-council/

Archived