The urge to smash up a bank?

Does anybody ever get the urge to smash up a bank?

What with the bailouts.

The detestable practice of usury.

Bonuses of such obscene amounts, that unemployment could be reduced by using the money to create jobs for the unemployed doing something socially useful such as building housing for the homeless.

Sometimes I get that urge, but I haven't acted on it. Anybody else?

who would pay for all these homes for the homeless?

who would pay for all the wages to pay the newly employed?

Why should the banks pay. Banks of private businesses. They make profit and can pay whatever they want to their staff and directors.

The financial crisis happened mainly due mismanagement of money by previous governments. The bailout an effect of that and was essential to protect the millions of innocent accountholders from being left with nothing.

Oh, the government is now a shareholder in the banks so will make just as much money as every other shareholder I would rather they keep solvent and making profits.

Do you have a bank account yourself or do you keep all your money under your matress?

Guest sibon

Why should the banks pay. Banks of private businesses. They make profit and can pay whatever they want to their staff and directors.

Are they? Can they? I'm a shareholder in several banks, but I don't get to dictate levels of pay or bonuses.

The financial crisis happened mainly due mismanagement of money by previous governments. The bailout an effect of that and was essential to protect the millions of innocent accountholders from being left with nothing.

Did it? Or was it because the banks tied trillions of dollars up in knots so tight, that nobody knew who owed what to whom. With the result that nobody trusted anybody.

I do find it amusing that the libertarian right attack the last labour government for lack of regulation of the financial industry.

Labour should have bailed out the account holders as the banks went bust, instead of bailing out the banks themselves.

Personally I'd rather hang a banker, these so called professionals knew exactly what they were doing and were also aware of the consequences of their actions a lot sooner than they would care to admit. Despite being in full possession of the knowledge of these consequences they couldn't care less as long as they could get away with filling their pockets with their ill gotten gains.

I'm amazed that they haven't been stripped of their assets and thrown into prison for their crimes and I'm truly shocked that nothing seems to have changed now that we know just as well as they know what the consequence are going to look like.

Banks are in a difficult position of being something like a drug dealer almost. Except the item they pedal is money.

You see the drug dealer wants to keep you addicted, but not so addicted you die, just as the bank wants to keep you financed, just not so financed you go bust.

They also face the same problem; there are other drug dealers with further supply just as there are more banks and lending organisations with further credit.

What they all do is business just one has a uniform, clean high-street premises and a stock value, the other has neither. The capacity for either to screw your life up is down to the leniency of the government. There are masses of other factors but regulation or the lack of it is what has led us to where we are.

Apparently the Dutch Government have just passed a law which levies a retrospective tax on banks of 100% of all bonuses paid to staff by banks which have received public funding, backdated to the date when the public funding was given.

Why can't we do the same?

Does anybody ever get the urge to smash up a bank?

What with the bailouts.

The detestable practice of usury.

Bonuses of such obscene amounts, that unemployment could be reduced by using the money to create jobs for the unemployed doing something socially useful such as building housing for the homeless.

Sometimes I get that urge, but I haven't acted on it. Anybody else?

I like the Daily Mash's take on it.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/britain-prefers-anarchists-to-miliband-201103283664/

Meanwhile economists confirmed that wrecking the centre of a major city every four weeks would create more employment than a 2% cut in corporation tax and everyone would have a brilliant time.

Julian Cook, from Donnelly McPartlin, said: "Unemployed glaziers, joiners and painters and decorators could all throw on a bandana, smash the **** out of Top Shop and then repair it the following week. Meanwhile it would make great telly and Top Shop could sponsor it."

Last night the government said it would listen closely to the demonstrators' demands before pledging to abolish the 50p tax rate and give a free back rub to Britain's 500 cruellest millionaires.

:hihi::hihi:

Archived