Indie/Rock on a Saturday?

Mattt

As much as I like the leadmill, I'd say it has got considerably worse over the last couple of years or so.

Some people I know were in there a couple of weeks ago, having come up from another town. They said if they even nudged someone while dancing they were given evils!

Mind you, I'm just as bad... I get miffed iff if anyone barges into me... only cos I'm weak and will probably topple over!

I went to the Leadmill on Saturday night too, it's the first time in a year or so. I didn't realise you could get tickets.

When I got there I saw that there were two queues: One for regular punters (like myself) and the other for the people with tickets. What amazed me that night was the text message phenomenon...

Apparently you can get a text message that allows you to get in the ticket queue and get a free drink. I saw people without tickets getting sent this text message, standing in the ticket queue and getting in.

What's all that about? It's hardly fair to those of us that have queued up for over an hour.

Originally posted by Mattt

Well, my plans for Friday have fallen through.

Sorry to keep harping on! But is The Casbah on Saturdays good too? Or can anyone think of anywhere else?

Thanks again!

If youre at a loose end on Friday, Letters and Colours are on at the Grapes. I can let you have a free demo if you want (PM me). Influences include Cure, Pulp, Joy Division, Velvet Underground.

i am starting a new indie / britpop / whatever comes into my mind (expect to hear Beastie boys and James brown at some point) at STUDIO in Rotherham (the old Cafe de paris) tonight

8.30 - 2 free entry small venue good atmos (i hope) quality tunes.

Music wise it will be commercial indie and britpop but if you have any unsigned bands cd's that you would like playing then i am thinking of introducing an "unsigned" section if the night takes off. PM me for details and address to send cd's to

Archived