Cigarettes just went up- 50p for 10 Marlboro!

Ive heard of inflation but this is insanity, dont even smoke that much but I just feel squeezed and <REMOVED> by the government here. Why dont they just BAN or tax all fun and have done with it. <REMOVED>.

I know mate, the worlds gone mad. Thing is Ive never been to hospital, my health is perfect so it really bothers me that I have to pay another 100 p/year to smoke.

Its getting to the point where I just dont go out as often, because this government taxes everything to death, which effects Businesses, which in turn effects the economy.

Im sick of this Big brother state- im moving to Spain!

Think how much extra you'll save if you stopped smoking.

I stopped a 20 a day habit 40 years ago, so at today's prices, £5/20, I've saved the equivalent of £72,800.

Well I haven't actually saved that amount, I must have spent it on other things!

Don't tell the wife ,she'll want half:roll:

I know mate, the worlds gone mad. Thing is Ive never been to hospital, my health is perfect so it really bothers me that I have to pay another 100 p/year to smoke.

Its getting to the point where I just dont go out as often, because this government taxes everything to death, which effects Businesses, which in turn effects the economy.

Im sick of this Big brother state- im moving to Spain!

o_O So going by what you said before, you smoke 20 a year?

o_O So going by what you said before, you smoke 20 a year?

Smoke about 5 a day on average mate, some days none at all. OK some people think its a nasty habit but at the end of the day if you keep in shape, have a good diet and dont bother other people by smoking your cigarettes I dont see what the problem is. Its a personal choice.

Ive heard of inflation but this is insanity, dont even smoke that much but I just feel squeezed and <REMOVED> by the government here. Why dont they just BAN or tax all fun and have done with it. <REMOVED>.

You can have a lot of fun with lung cancer !

Archived