Cigarettes just went up- 50p for 10 Marlboro!

Ive heard of inflation but this is insanity, dont even smoke that much but I just feel squeezed and <REMOVED> by the government here. Why dont they just BAN or tax all fun and have done with it. <REMOVED>.

Yes itis insane to smoke despite high taxes and likely premature death!

Ive heard of inflation but this is insanity, dont even smoke that much but I just feel squeezed and <REMOVED> by the government here. Why dont they just BAN or tax all fun and have done with it. <REMOVED>.

Just pay it and stop moaning, after all you tend to do what the government tells you to do anyway don't you!? ;)

Ye Gods!!! How do people afford to smoke? I am happy to say I stopped in 1979, and had smoked for about 20 years. I did it without patches (not available in '79) just willpower! Inspite of many traumas in my life, I have never been tyempted to take it up again. Perhaps I was lucky in being able to stop, pity I don't seem to have the same self control where food is concerned!!

Archived