Buffet/traditional/classic in an Indian/Bangladeshi restaurant your view

a.s.ullah

except bilash takeaway in sheffield can you name anyother indian/bangladeshi or pakistani restaurants that cater for vegetarians? (that have more then just a little selection at the back of there menu and be honest becouse i will check up ) im doing a bangladeshi restaurant as i said in my previuse posts its just makes it easyer to say indian so everybody understands (as alot of people dont know the diffrence?:roll: ) and back in 2003 i have been to india pakistan and bangladesh when we did our restaurant in chesterfield. also alot of people say they like indian food? how ever alot of people in my point of view have never eaten indian food (as most of the restaurants in uk are bangladeshi or pakistani) and before you say it lol in the asain community we call indian restaurants (indian) bengali restaurants (bengali) and pakistani restaurant are called (kashmiri) they are not put in one catogory (untill everyone knows the diffrence unfotanately im stuck with the indian lable ) iv put some links on so every one can be a little wiser :D

http://www.menumagazine.co.uk/book/curryhistory.html

http://www.menumagazine.co.uk/book/restauranthistory.html

have a read of the second one you will be supprised

Most 'Indian' restaurants have the option to serve the vegatable side dishes as a main course.

I don't mean to give you a hard time and I'm aware that most Indian restaurants in the UK are run by Bangladeshi's. In fact I look for this as a sign of quality as our British idea of a good Indian restaurant is actually a Bangladeshi restaurant.

I love those 'traditional' restaurants, the kind that would have had flock wallpaper and Bombay Duck in the past. What I don't like is what's called 'modern Indian cuisine' which is usually bland and tasteless.

I think those restaurants are usually run by 2nd generation immigrants who have lost touch with their original cuisine and culture. I'm not a fan of Pakistani cuisine either, Bangladeshi is definitely the best.

Where and when is your restaurant opening. I might come for a meal. :thumbsup:

Lol Bombay duck very hard to get hold of these days it sounds like you know what your talking about (if evei didn't remind me) I would have probaly just done that for my vegi selection but thanks to her veggies will have a good selection to chose off we should be open in the next few months

IF ANYONE WANTS TO FOLLOW THE PROGRESS OF THIS RESTAURANT THEY CAN ON FACEBOOK 'JUST TYPE IN CUTLERS SPICE'

A big thank you to everyone and hopefully il see you there when it opens and don't forget to intoduse yourself my name is bobby by the way and il be your manager/chef (when I get my chefs diploma) lol look after yourselfs and bye for now :D

I think those restaurants are usually run by 2nd generation immigrants who have lost touch with their original cuisine and culture. :

The "original" cuisine of the 70s curry houses bears little resemblance to traditional bangladeshi food.. but thats what makes the world of curry such a strange beast as "trad" UK curry is very different to "trad" bangladeshi or pakistani food - which would probably get short shrift from the "trad" lager-ed up curry house goer...

Archived