Bring back the death penalty

But seriously, what are the real dangers, other than insurance?

Seriously the real danger is that having a citizen wide database of DNA is open to abuses by the government, security services and police, how they might choose to abuse it can only be speculated on but it isn't unheard of for evidence to be planted by people who are in a position to do so to their advantage.

The vast majority of people will never commit a crime, so they have no business holding such information on me which I have no control over.

Seriously the real danger is that having a citizen wide database of DNA is open to abuses by the government, security services and police, how they might choose to abuse it can only be speculated on but it isn't unheard of for evidence to be planted by people who are in a position to do so to their advantage.

The vast majority of of people will never commit a crime, so they have no business holding such information on me which I have no control over.

Evidence, what evidence? They just have a digital copy, not a real copy!

As they rightly should. The government has no right to know everyone's DNA without a significant reason. Being born doesn't make a baby a criminal suspect straight away.

why doesnt it? the gov has most other info on you , tax records address driving licence, nat ins no, so why not DNA?? if you have nothing to hide whats the problem?? just because you had your dna taken doesnt make you a criminal suspect ....it actually eliminates you !

Do you watch the news or read the internet, seen anyone (just one group mind) called lulzsec?

Encryption and decent security would have countered lulzsec.

Do you advocate that no sensitive information should be held by any individual or entity just in case burglars run off with paper files?

Archived