Bring back the death penalty

why doesnt it? the gov has most other info on you , tax records address driving licence, nat ins no, so why not DNA?? if you have nothing to hide whats the problem?? just because you had your dna taken doesnt make you a criminal suspect ....it actually eliminates you !

Exactly, and medical records pretty much from the day your born, some of our paranoid friends are really losing the plot :loopy:

How do you think a digital copy will be created?

Good! But then they'd have to have the collusion of the medical staff, and if they had that then they'd not need consent anyway.

If you've ever watched any single episode of CSI, it's not hard to get someone's DNA...

But what could they really use it for?

Maybe we should aim to get rid of the death penalty.

When we have the likes of Huntley being looked after, whilst people starve elsewhere in the world, it's a joke to say we do not have the death penalty.

Nobody is going to miss Huntley, that money could be better spent on agriculture in the poorest parts of the globe.

Ok there is a very good reason - in the UK there are likely to be 2 or 3 DNA matches (DNA is only compared like fingerprints, by using so many points on it, not the full ting) at any one time, if the information is freely available I could find my matches and go commit crimes near where they live, miles away from where I live, making them the prime suspect.

but the info wouldnt be freely available:confused: same as finger prints are not freely avaialble:confused:

we should simply take the DNA of every baby born in the uk from now on, every immigrant and every entrant into the uk a bit like a visa system, that way eventually we would have a complete picture in the future that could be checked against a dna data base, highly unlikely of a mistake then, in the meantime the DNA of anyone that comes into contact with authority for whatever reason, police, border agency etc, if you have nothing to hide you should have no problem with that??

Those measures, or even more authoritarian measures, would not prevent wrongful convictions which were the premise of my original question - If you were wrongly convicted of a crime punishable by death, what would be your argument against the death penalty - or would you simply accept it as a reasonable price to pay for justice and submit to execution?

I have a problem with your proposals, but not for the reasons you suppose.

Archived