Bring back the death penalty

Mod Note

Off topic arguing removed, along with every post that quoted or referred to it and all the posts that quoted or referred to them and so on.

Please try and stay on topic.

When somebody can show me a better way of eliminating the risk of reoffending, I'll have an open ear to those who are worried about capital punishment, but until then I'd think the country a better place if we executed the worst of our criminals - including all convicted drug dealers.

When somebody can show me a better way of eliminating the risk of reoffending, I'll have an open ear to those who are worried about capital punishment, but until then I'd think the country a better place if we executed the worst of our criminals - including all convicted drug dealers.

Is the total elimination (rather than reduction) of the risk of recidivism and reoffending to be attained at any cost, or is there a cost/benefit relationship to be analysed?

Is the total elimination (rather than reduction) of the risk of recidivism and reoffending to be attained at any cost, or is there a cost/benefit relationship to be analysed?
I suppose cost/benefit analysis might be worthwhile. The Chinese worked around that by having summary executions and charging the deceased's family for the bullet.

There are already far, far too many human beings on the planet. Any reasonable excuse to thin out the dregs of the gene pool by nobbling the criminal element seems a grand idea from where I sit.

I suppose cost/benefit analysis might be worthwhile. The Chinese worked around that by having summary executions and charging the deceased's family for the bullet.

There are already far, far too many human beings on the planet. Any reasonable excuse to thin out the dregs of the gene pool by nobbling the criminal element seems a grand idea from where I sit.

Harsh.....

But a interesting idea none the less...:D

Hehe, offing perps won't make a dent in the world population unless you use politically difficult industrial solutions.

When I mentioned cost, I wasn't just referring to financial costs.

Summary execution is about the only cost-effective way of implementing the death penalty - but runs a much higher risk of wrongful conviction and execution.

If my brother or child were wrongly convicted and executed, I would have cause for complaint, but you seemingly would not.

IF you have the death penalty for paedophiles and child killers then you would be encouraging paedophiles to kill their victims and become child killers.

They would have nothing to lose because they'd be killed either way if they got caught and they'd be less likely to get caught without any witnesses.

The same goes for having the death penalty for anything except murder, its very stupid and short sighted, and will cause more murders.

Murder has a high clear up rate, sexual offences do not. Sexual offenders have a better chance of escaping justice by NOT KILLING their victims.

Archived