Bring back the death penalty

There is no completely foolproof method of establishing guilt.

If the death penalty existed in this country, innocent people would be killed and that's a fact.

The reason for not killing people judicially is that killing people is morally wrong - if we kill the killers we are doing the very thing that we claim is wrong and we become morally as deviant as the murderer.

No not every murder is easy to point the finger at the criminal who did it but certain circumstances like the ones ive mentioned there is no doubt they did it, and i dont mean shoot or stab them to kill them lol i mean bring back hanging or the electric chair, these murderers are just another drain on society, there is nothing to put the scum off from doing a crime, its a joke

This viewpoint has won out over the past 40 odd years since the last person was hanged in this country; well socially, the country is going down the toilet and everyone is ready for a change, you can feel it in the air and the politicians cant ignore it. Trust me, the country is of the view that if you murder a police officer or a child you should be put to death by the state.

Why just police officers and children?

No not every murder is easy to point the finger at the criminal who did it but certain circumstances like the ones ive mentioned there is no doubt they did it, and i dont mean shoot or stab them to kill them lol i mean bring back hanging or the electric chair, these murderers are just another drain on society, there is nothing to put the scum off from doing a crime, its a joke

It might come as news to you, bluevan, but fear of being caught and punished isn't what stops people committing crime.

Why aren't you a criminal? Is it because you fear being caught and punished or because you feel you have a stake in society - have a job, have a sense of self worth and a good education and feel valued?

It might come as news to you, bluevan, but fear of being caught and punished isn't what stops people committing crime.

Why aren't you a criminal? Is it because you fear being caught and punished or because you feel you have a stake in society - have a job, have a sense of self worth and a good education and feel valued?

Yes i know what your saying but which came first? the "softly softly" appraoch from authorites or the scum families and lack of jobs and pride? I was brought up properly, respect others and their property and if you wanted something then you saved for it you didnt go out and steal it, You cant change the "scum" generation we live in but you can punish them more in the hopes of it turning around again in the future, But if someone wanted some cash, went and robbed somewhere and got caught, first offence, juvenile, they wouldnt even serve time so it makes it more appealing to them the next time there skint and cant be bothered to get a job or save

If my child was murdered ,id demand to pull the lever to open the trap door and see the killer swing myself. And id enjoy every second of seeing them die.

Totally agree and that would only happen if i hadnt managed to get hold of them first and cut their heart out lol

No , sadly their are some Bleeding Heart Lefties in society who will find an excuse for criminals behaviour. ;)

Again totally agree, I dont give a s**t as to "why" they did the crime or killed some innocent person, lots of people have bad up bringings or are brought up in care but not everyone goes out and kills

Stefan Kiszko served 16 years in prison -- Ronald Castree's DNA was found to match samples. He was jailed for life for the murder in 2007.

• Stephen Downing was jailed for 27 years .....His conviction was quashed in 2002 after a campaign by the then editor of the Matlock Mercury.... his signed confession had been written by a police officer.

• Barry George, aquitted of the Dando murder...

• Derek Bentley, 19, was hanged......In 1998, his conviction was overturned by the court of appeal because the trial judge had misdirected the jury on points of law.

• Judith Ward spent 18 years in jail.....Three appeal court judges concluded Ward's conviction had been "secured by ambush" and that government forensic scientists withheld vital information.

• Winston Silcott was cleared of murdering the policeman Keith Blakelock during the Broadwater Farm riots in Tottenham in 1985, after new evidence came to light. He spent six years in prison for Blakelock's murder before successfully appealing.

• Babysitter Suzanne Holdsworth spent three years in prison for murdering Kyle Fisher, a neighbour's two-year-old son, before she was cleared in a retrial last year......She was found not guilty at the retrial.

• Angela Cannings was jailed for life in 2002 for murdering her two baby sons, but freed the following year after her conviction was overturned on appeal.

• The solicitor Sally Clark was jailed for murdering her two baby sons, and cleared by the appeal court in 2003. .....In 2007, she was found dead at her home. Her family said she had never recovered from the ordeal.

Yes... so rare that you shouldn't be worried about it at all....

A great post...:)

However i get the feel almost all of these conviction overthrow's are due to technicalities or incorrect procedure at the trial or investigation rather than based on factual non-guilt...

Archived