Bring back the death penalty

should we bring back the death penalty

No.............. How is putting someone out of their misery a punishment??

People who commit horrendous crimes are obviously mentally ill. No one in their right mind rapes, murders etc.

I think these people need to spend the rest of their lives behind bars!

People who commit horrendous crimes are obviously mentally ill. No one in their right mind rapes, murders etc.

Or leave them with a large scotch and a cyanide capsule.

Only because Christopher Craig was too young to Hang! He urged Craig to murder the policeman,he was a bad 'un who deserved to hang!

You were there on that long-ago rooftop, observing Bentley were you? and heard the alleged (and UNSUBSTANTIATED) comment?

You know, Bentley, the one who was already in police custody, and not the little scroate with the gun?

You remember, Bentley, the 19 year old with a mental age of an 11 year old?

The same Bentley who was given a posthumous pardon?

Are they mentally ill though? There have been many serial killers who were never considered or diagnosed as being mentally (Ted Bundy being one who springs to mind).

Also what about criminal gangsters- some who built an empire or ran a successful criminal organization- killing their way to the top. Some of these bosses were found to be very shrewd.

There may have been a few nutcases or were criminally insane- but not many.

You were there on that long-ago rooftop, observing Bentley were you? and heard the alleged (and UNSUBSTANTIATED) comment?

You know, Bentley, the one who was already in police custody, and not the little scroate with the gun?

You remember, Bentley, the 19 year old with a mental age of an 11 year old?

The same Bentley who was given a posthumous pardon?

As I posted previously, a police officer was murdered and someone had to swing. That was the logic in those days, I am old enough to remember the arguments later in the 60's as to who's murder should warrant the death penalty.

I still believe that life should mean life, and that an alternative should be offered.

Are they mentally ill though? There have been many serial killers who were never considered or diagnosed as being mentally (Ted Bundy being one who springs to mind).

Also what about criminal gangsters- some who built an empire or ran a successful criminal organization- killing their way to the top. Some of these bosses were found to be very shrewd.

There may have been a few nutcases or were criminally insane- but not many.

I would rather see them spend a life behind bars.

no, don't bring it back. besides all the reasons above there have been a number of cases were people who have been on juries that found people guilty and those people were put to death had very bad mental health problems after wards, some even committed suicide.

and it barely gives peace to the families of the victims neither.

appeals, more trials, extra death row wings, guards, psychologists etc, not to mention the carrying out of the sentences themselves cost more per average lifespan i think.

Well if the government didn't put people in prison for stupid reasons like taking drugs or tax fraud then there would be a lot more space and cash free.

I don't think certain crimes should never have the option for appeals etc.

Archived