Anyone go to the last laugh comedy club?

Foxprom

Just wanted to find out if any one went to the opening weekend of the last laugh comedy club at the roundhouse under ponds forge, saw lots of posters and forum chat about the build up, but no one has made any postings on it yet.

Did anyone go to the Last Laugh comedy club opening, at the Roundhouse last night? It was a great night. Definitely room for improvement, but once they iron things out I think it will be a much needed acquisition to Sheffield city centre nightlife Once "word of mouth" get's around, I think it will prove hugely popular. Everyone I spoke to last night was full of praise I said they would definitely be back. Toby Foster & Justin Moorhouse (of Phoenix Nights fame) were my highlight of the evening...

I posted this on Saturday!! :rolleyes: No-one replied...

What top acts, Anyone we have heard of?

On friday night Toby Foster (from Radio Sheffield & Phoenix Nights) Justin Moorhouse (also from Phoenix Nights) were two of the comedians.

The other two I hadn't heard of before, but were extremely funny.

The other two were Howard Read (very funny man) and Mitch Benn (excellent comedy-singer, he's got a show on Radio 2 I think).

I only went to the Friday show but really enjoyed it - should be even better as the weeks go by too.

went, enjoyed it.

a great mix of comedians.

definitely go again and would recommend it.

mich benn was a revelation... don't think everyone in the audience were totally tuned in to his anti-crap music sensibilities... a few young ladies faces looked almost horrified when he ripped into westlife and x-factor and the like... and how everything sounds like coldplay now.... great stuff.

Archived