Anyone go to the last laugh comedy club?

Foxprom

Originally posted by Foxprom

sorry didnt search and should have done

Saturday night was better sold out with 300 + customers and top comedy from all the acts.

Hope that lots of local people and visitors to this city support the event.

I logged on to their website to get tickets for friday night.

However the calendar didn't show any night as being on or as being sold out so I couldn't buy any tickets.

I couldn't go Saturday although tickets showed to be available on their website.

So I dropped them an email to ask if it was still launching Fri and if any tickets were available.

Haven't received a reply from the them whatsoever.

If that's the level of customer service then I'll pass thanks.

That's a shame DaBouncer, there are a few parts of the whole thing that we need to get better, and the main one is the booking system. Tickets are available online, or in person from Ponds Forge reception, Jacks Music or Forever Changes Records. You can of course pay on the door on the night.

We thought it was great, all in all. Naturally, a couple of things we need to address, but we will get on to those.

I'll forgive the booking system (and the slow bar service) if the show is good - AND IT WAS! Toby Foster takes some beating as a compere and Justin Moorhouse and Mitch Benn were excellent although Howard Read would probably appeal to a more eccentric sense of humour.

I was a bit concerned that some of the intimate atmosphere at The Lescar would be lost making it difficult for the acts to create a rapport with the audience. Not so - the tables were tightly packed together, which although it made it difficult to move around, really helps to get everyone close to the acts. I'm hoping to persuade my work colleagues to go there for our Christmas Party - well done to Toby Foster & Scott Barton for making this happen in Sheffield. Go there - support it, you'll be glad you did.

Originally posted by spinac

I'll forgive the booking system (and the slow bar service) if the show is good - AND IT WAS! Toby Foster takes some beating as a compere and Justin Moorhouse and Mitch Benn were excellent although Howard Read would probably appeal to a more eccentric sense of humour.

I was a bit concerned that some of the intimate atmosphere at The Lescar would be lost making it difficult for the acts to create a rapport with the audience. Not so - the tables were tightly packed together, which although it made it difficult to move around, really helps to get everyone close to the acts. I'm hoping to persuade my work colleagues to go there for our Christmas Party - well done to Toby Foster & Scott Barton for making this happen in Sheffield. Go there - support it, you'll be glad you did.

Is it linked with the stuff at Lescar at all?

How are the old comedy nights at Lescar doing these days anyhow? Been meaning to get down to one recently - especially seeing as a live down the road pretty much now!

Yeah, we do The Lescar on Thursdays, then the much bigger Roundhouse at the weekend. The only trouble with The Lescar is that it's relatively small, and invariably books up on Fridays for the following Saturday. The Roundhouse is bigger, which means we can get more in, put more acts on stage, open later etc etc.

Both great clubs, and quite different from each other.

Archived