Radiation falling from the sky

360 degrees is about 40,000 kilometres ... one degree is approximately 111km ... 1 millionth of a degree would be roughly 0.1 metres, using my patented back-of-the-envelope calculating method. So that's about what I had heard.

As the report in your link says, it sounds a lot by human standards but it's utterly trivial in comparison to how the axis routinely wobbles about anyway.

The first figure is about accurate. The second figure is out by numerous orders of magnitude - the tip in the axis was either one ten-millionth of a degree, or ten millionths of a degree, I forget which. Not enough to be noticeable by anything except the most sensitive of modern instruments.

But if you are going to live up to your user name, you might end up in Skegness instead...

Europe and the UK imparticular now tops the premature birth tables.

The first thing that occurs to me is that maybe that's because in poorer countries with less medical wizardry available to them, such events just get recorded as miscarriages because the premature babies don't survive and the health service isn't capable of even trying to save them.

It would be interesting to know if I'm right, and what other factors might be involved. I have no details to hand.

I remember watching a documentary years ago about the possible effect chernobyl had on the UK. I recall them remarking that the true affect may not be felt for years, in that (for whatever scientific reason) they believed the biggest affect would be fertility problems/birth defects and premature birth for the youngest generation of the time.

I was 6 when the chernobyl disaster occured so I am one of said youngest generation. Out of 3 pregnancies I have suffered 2 very premature births.

My first daughter was born at 24 weeks spontaniously and was to tiny and weak to sustain life, My third baby was born at 26 weeks spontaniously.

Europe and the UK imparticular now tops the premature birth tables.

I know many many friends and family who have suffered varying degrees of infertility.

Is it related or not??? I suppose we'll never truely know but it scares the hell out of me and always has. If an incident so far away and irrelevent to me at age 6 could have affected my life so dramatically two decades later. Its not beyond the realms of possibility.

Which tables are thes as it's still third world and developing countries that top the charts.

In Europe and many developed countries the preterm birth rate is generally 5–9%, and in the USA it has even risen to 12–13% in the last decades.[1] Three obstetric events precede preterm birth: spontaneous preterm births are the 40–45% preterm births that follow preterm labor and the 25–30% preterm births after premature rupture of membranes. The remainder (30–35%) are preterm births that are induced for obstetrical reasons; obstetricians may have to deliver the baby preterm because of a deteriorating intrauterine environment (i.e. infection, intrauterine growth retardation) or significant endangerment of the maternal health (i.e. preeclampsia, cancer). By gestational age, 5% of preterm births occur at less than 28 weeks (extreme prematurity), 15% at 28–31 weeks (severe prematurity), 20% at 32–33 weeks (moderate prematurity), and 60–70% at 34–36 weeks (late preterm).[1]

Here's a map showing the levels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Prematurity_and_low_birth_weight_world_map_-_DALY_-_WHO2004.svg

It would be interesting to know if I'm right, and what other factors might be involved. I have no details to hand.

drinking and smoking to excess don't help

also women in developed countries are leaving it relatively late in their reproductive lives to start having babies

The first thing that occurs to me is that maybe that's because in poorer countries with less medical wizardry available to them, such events just get recorded as miscarriages because the premature babies don't survive and the health service isn't capable of even trying to save them.

Agreed.......

360 degrees is about 40,000 kilometres ... one degree is approximately 111km ... 1 millionth of a degree would be roughly 0.1 metres, using my patented back-of-the-envelope calculating method. So that's about what I had heard.

As the report in your link says, it sounds a lot by human standards but it's utterly trivial in comparison to how the axis routinely wobbles about anyway.

I agree. I personally think the radiation is a none story and the movement stuff is what Earth constantly does.

Still doesn't stop people thinking the world will end tomorrow though.

drinking and smoking to excess don't help

also women in developed countries are leaving it relatively late in their reproductive lives to start having babies

Tee-total since about 20, none smoker and 21 at the time of my first premature birth.

do you know what to look for..if im coverd in radioactive stuff...should i wear head protection...as i got to take the dog out................

Have you got a crash helmit you could put on ?

It won't protect you from radiation but no one will bother you while out walking because theyll think your a nutter.

I agree. I personally think the radiation is a none story and the movement stuff is what Earth constantly does.

Still doesn't stop people thinking the world will end tomorrow though.

indeed, the real problem is the 24hour revolving news channels. there isn't enough news in the world to fill a 24hr channel so they fill the gaps with inane babble and/or hysteria

Archived