Radiation falling from the sky

The first figure is about accurate. The second figure is out by numerous orders of magnitude - the tip in the axis was either one ten-millionth of a degree, or ten millionths of a degree, I forget which. Not enough to be noticeable by anything except the most sensitive of modern instruments.

Yeah, i was scratching my head at the wobble stat too if i'm honest, however, it must of been one hell of a jolt to move it by that much and credit is due to how the buildings initially withstood the force even though they were quake proof.

Firstly most radioactive particles are dangerous and pose a risk to your health so for them to say its fine is a lie. Right now sitting reading this thread their are hundreds of thousands of particles of radiation flying through your body, but they do not posse much of a risk to you, it only takes one radioactive particle!.

If these particles are falling on Sheffield at the moment, then there is little you can do about it, its not going to go away over night, if anything it will just get worse. Its travelled from Japan! its taken a while to get here, at its not like the condition over there has got any better.

Fortunately that's not the case.

The largest man made contributer to radiation is from burning coal - and that does literally rain it out of the sky onto you. Uranium and associated elements are in coal, as they are in most rocks and this gets blown allover people.

Now let's look at the numbers. The radiation level from Fukushime in the UK is below - and I mean way way below the radiation from naturally occuring potassium etc in the body. As such it's not going to have the slightest effect on people as your own personal radiation is way higher than this iodine that has been found.

indeed, the real problem is the 24hour revolving news channels. there isn't enough news in the world to fill a 24hr channel so they fill the gaps with inane babble and/or hysteria

There's plenty of news; it's just that the sort of news you can actually report, the general public doesn't find interesting.

It's now ten days since the Japan earthquake. So far, the death toll in that catastrophe is round about fifteen thousand.

How many people know that about twice that many people have been killed in car crashes in the last ten days? How often have you seen that mentioned on the news bulletins that keep talking about Japan?

Archived