Snooker Cue - Help & Purchase

Hi all,

I've been playing snooker for about 3 months in total. Really enjoying it and getting some kind words from the locals (I don't think they are winding me up, but who knows lol)

Anyway, I'm getting to the stage where I would like to buy my first cue. I'm getting a lot of different advice, but to be perfectly honest, I just want something that will do me for a year or 2.

My mentality is basically, I'm sick of using a different cue everytime I play (taking at least 2 frames to get used to it) and they are all bent :( lol

I was hoping to get something around the £35 mark. I've seen some of those cues at places like Sports Direct etc.

Some people are really strongly advising me not to bother, but I'm really only wanting to have a cue thats not bent and will allow me to have a bit more consistency!

I'd really appreciate some advice and tips for where and what to buy. If anyone has anything for sale, please PM me. I'm mainly looking for advice before I buy :D

All the best & sorry for the long post

• 2 weeks later...

I have a hand made ash cue you can have for £35 - 2 piece,and a Case included.

whether you have this or not,if you can find a decent second hand one that is straight and suits you,it will be a better bet than a cheap new one that will probably bend as it ages.

Archived