Carp fishing waters in sheff?

The closest 'carp' lakes i know of are at Shireoaks near Worksop. It used to take me 10 minutes in the car from Intake. That or take the train a few stops. It's got it's own station.

There are a few places in Sheffield with carp in them though. I know crooks has some real big ones in.

[edit] Just remembered. There is a place near the Birly golf course (is that area called Ford?), that had 3 lakes. I believe 2 of those were carp lakes.

The closest 'carp' lakes i know of are at Shireoaks near Worksop. It used to take me 10 minutes in the car from Intake. That or take the train a few stops. It's got it's own station.

There are a few places in Sheffield with carp in them though. I know crooks has some real big ones in.

[edit] Just remembered. There is a place near the Birly golf course (is that area called Ford?), that had 3 lakes. I believe 2 of those were carp lakes.

I live near Birley golf course and the ponds at ford are not close to it.

Also not in Sheffield, the ones at the Bridge Inn are private, Bradleys is just up from there and a day ticket water.

crookes has carp to 30 and a few 20s but im told its mega hard and can be a long wait tho i might try it this year. stright miles a top fishing place over towards you and ul catch carp 3 to 6 pound no prob with the odd 8 to 10 , there was a few bigger but they took them out to keep the pole fishers happy lol

crookes has carp to 30 and a few 20s but im told its mega hard and can be a long wait tho i might try it this year. stright miles a top fishing place over towards you and ul catch carp 3 to 6 pound no prob with the odd 8 to 10 , there was a few bigger but they took them out to keep the pole fishers happy lol

Straight mile is as you say, Aston ponds is rapidly becoming a top fishery but as we go on we still can't find a decent fishery in sheffield on day tickets.

Crookes is rubbish by the way, Also I have heard talk of westwood but that also is nothing special.

Sheffield has not got a decent fishery at all.

i wouldnt say crookes is crap,just very hard ! sheffield canal provides some good carp fishing though.there is a sort of carp pond at high green called "nancey" but its only got them in upto about 10 pound and its only a tiny pond with about 8 peggs,its a very shallow water and i think this makes the fish fight really hard.it opened back up about 4 years ago and was stocked with 300 carp(doesnt sound many but it is a tiny pond)

i wouldnt say crookes is crap,just very hard ! sheffield canal provides some good carp fishing though.there is a sort of carp pond at high green called "nancey" but its only got them in upto about 10 pound and its only a tiny pond with about 8 peggs,its a very shallow water and i think this makes the fish fight really hard.it opened back up about 4 years ago and was stocked with 300 carp(doesnt sound many but it is a tiny pond)

where bouts in high green mate?? day ticket ?

Archived