Carp fishing waters in sheff?

You can catch a few carp in loxely fisheries near the dam flask, the fishing is great & it is stocked with all diferent fish barbel, perch, chub & more.

This is more of a match fishing lake than a big carp pond.

But some big fish in there.

Hope this is helpfull

You can catch a few carp in loxely fisheries near the dam flask, the fishing is great & it is stocked with all diferent fish barbel, perch, chub & more.

This is more of a match fishing lake than a big carp pond.

But some big fish in there.

Hope this is helpfull

I've heard it's a good pond too, just how big do the carp ho tho? And what's the best baits etc ?

I've heard it's a good pond too, just how big do the carp ho tho? And what's the best baits etc ?

The biggest carp that i have had was 14lb but i have been told that they go up to the 18lb mark.

In the margins a small piece of punched meat & feed riddled meat (Pushed through a maggot riddle) Dusted in Ringers ground bait.

Allso you can catch them on the floating bread when it is hot but watch out for the ducks :hihi:

Hair rigged meat and corn casting close to the lilly's is great for the barbel & chub.

Hope you enjoy it up there, it is very picturesque & a nice place to go fishing

bradleys fishing ponds is pretty cool,at ford bottom,four loverly ponds one being a tench pond,five pound for the day,(pay the farmer bradley when he comes around)car parking available but advise to park at the top end as the muddy road aint that good for car in bad weather,full of carp,bait using,catmeat,ect anything really but no ground bait!

heres the directions, starting from ridgeway road southwest,take the left at the lights onto white lane,follow this on to high lane,turn right on to main road,follow main road passing swan inn pub,keep following main road,it meets on to ridgeway moor,follow this right to the bottom passing bridge inn pub on the bad right bed so be carefull,then theres a very bad blind bend to the left,you want this turning right onto geer lane,again blind bend be aware,follow geer lane to the very end passing a farm were sometimes the farmers children play so please dont speed,to the end youle reach bradleys farm,turning left into car park,enjoy..loverly place.

http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh98/leeby451/?action=view&current=bradleysfarmfisherys.jpg

bradleys fishing ponds is pretty cool,at ford bottom,four loverly ponds one being a tench pond,five pound for the day,(pay the farmer bradley when he comes around)car parking available but advise to park at the top end as the muddy road aint that good for car in bad weather,full of carp,bait using,catmeat,ect anything really but no ground bait!

heres the directions, starting from ridgeway road southwest,take the left at the lights onto white lane,follow this on to high lane,turn right on to main road,follow main road passing swan inn pub,keep following main road,it meets on to ridgeway moor,follow this right to the bottom passing bridge inn pub on the bad right bed so be carefull,then theres a very bad blind bend to the left,you want this turning right onto geer lane,again blind bend be aware,follow geer lane to the very end passing a farm were sometimes the farmers children play so please dont speed,to the end youle reach bradleys farm,turning left into car park,enjoy..loverly place.

http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh98/leeby451/?action=view&current=bradleysfarmfisherys.jpg

That's the one i was on about earlier in the thread. I've been a few times years ago and done well on cat meat.

That's the one i was on about earlier in the thread. I've been a few times years ago and done well on cat meat.

yes mate,it is a good place,not many know of it but is getting a very good reputation for its self,the top pond above on its own have several ghost carp weighing in over 28lbs,but you have to book this with bradley the farmer,if wanting to fish that on the day you go without booking,bradley is a nice fella who will gladly say go ahead and fish it,but just dont help your self to this one or he sometimes can go a little mad..lol..the middle pond (the biggest) is my favourate and fish`s well,paste is a must on the day,also cat meat as you say.great day fishing.:D

Archived