Japan builds a road in 6 days, who long for themto repair Sheffields roads?

After the devastation of the tsumani, 6 days later the Japanese had built a brand new road, smooth etc......and fully functional.

Could the same team not be brought over to the UK, especially to Ecclesfield near Morrisons to repair that stretch of road? the current UK workforce has been woking on this for nearly 3 months, if the japs came over I think the jobs at Ecclesfield would have been done in half a day.

Although it would have cost more to bring them over initially, surey the fact the job would have been done by lunchtime would have saved thousands in wages to the current workforce.

Also, while we are at it, can the same team be put to work and repair our entire road system - I reckon it would take them 5 months (the same time as the small stretch at Ecclesfield is taking)

After the devastation of the tsumani, 6 days later the Japanese had built a brand new road, smooth etc......and fully functional.

Could the same team not be brought over to the UK, especially to Ecclesfield near Morrisons to repair that stretch of road? the current UK workforce has been woking on this for nearly 3 months, if the japs came over I think the jobs at Ecclesfield would have been done in half a day.

Although it would have cost more to bring them over initially, surey the fact the job would have been done by lunchtime would have saved thousands in wages to the current workforce.

Also, while we are at it, can the same team be put to work and repair our entire road system - I reckon it would take them 5 months (the same time as the small stretch at Ecclesfield is taking)

Do you know I was thinking the same thing when I had to detour yet again on Monday.

This is costing drivers a fortune in petrol.

Funny you never see anyone actually working, just signs and equipment.

If it would have been here they would have still been stood in a group scratching their heads and sucking in through their teeth in the days it took them to do it in Japan....:roll:

Archived