Despicable brutality

I wonder what he does mean....

Firstly it is not your place to ask anyone else to clarify what I mean. Neither is it anyone elses place to clarify what I mean no matter what their intentions and I thank everyone who has defended me. They have done so admirably.

Why don't you grow a pair of grapefruits and ask me directly you spineless little weasel, instead of hiding behind innuendo and suggestion.

I also don't care if I get get a ban and i've never been banned in all the time i've used this forum but for you, because you feel you're special, i'll explain myself.

I used the term "don't hide behind cultural norm and religious rights" because this crime supersedes anything else. This is a crime against basic human rights. There is no possible way anyone could reasonably excuse this crime. It transcends race, religion, nationality, creed and culture. I call the perpetrators foul animals because they are. Not because they are brown skinned Bangladeshi Muslims. How can anyone try to rationalise or excuse or explain it? The elders of a village ganged up on a 14 year old girl, whipped her to death, then tried to cover up that death to try to save their own worthless hides. They could be blond, blue eyed, barnsleyites and they would still be foul animals. If you don't see that then you need to take a good long look in the mirror and ask whats wrong with you. You quoted me out of context. The people who committed this crime aren't typical bangladeshi's and aren't typical muslim's. What makes you think I would think that?

I await your very public apology. You were very public to try to imply I may be racist so you should be equally public to apologise. Grow a pair and be a man.

Agreed. :thumbsup:

"Islam bashing" - is it OK? If not, why not?

Seriously? Well, of course it's not ok. Any more that it's ok for that unhinged pastor in Florida who burnt the koran. WTH, dude?! Leave other people's holy books alone. Nor was it then ok for some equally unhinged folks in Afghanistan to attack the UN compound and kill 12 people. Like they had anything to do with it? And even if they had, they deserved to die? :confused:

You want multi-culti?

Any 'culture' which could do that to anybody - let alone a child - should be prohibited in the UK.

Whatever they do at home may be abhorrent, but it's their country and there's no oil in Bangladesh.

Oh yes! - We have laws in the UK which prohibit that sort of thing!

We banned the bloody Moonies - Why not ban the misogynistic sect of Islam?

We also have laws which prohibit female genital mutilation. And they're enforced!

There are absolutely no females whatsoever who have suffered that terrible fate since the law was introduced. - Are there?

How many times have you read about dead dark-skinned women who had died from non-accidental (or self-administered?) burns?

How does that compare to the number of white women who die in the same way?

How many 'honour killings' have there been of Anglos in the UK?

Where should the blame lie?

Multi-culturalism. 'Come to England, enjoy living here' (I've no problem with that - I did it myself) 'Bring your own laws and morés and ignore ours. Ignore our society - live in your own little ghettos. We'll ignore you unless it hits the newspapers.'

It could have been: 'Welcome to England! You will probably wish to retain some of the customs you had at home, but now that you're here, we want you to learn our language and to adapt to our ways.'

That's called Integrationalism.

We have laws. We enforce them - afterwards.

Seriously? Well, of course it's not ok. Any more that it's ok for that unhinged pastor in Florida who burnt the koran. WTH, dude?! Leave other people's holy books alone. Nor was it then ok for some equally unhinged folks in Afghanistan to attack the UN compound and kill 12 people. Like they had anything to do with it? And even if they had, they deserved to die? :confused:
The reaction was clearly enough predicted, just like the American attack on Afghanistan was predictable and deaths of thousands were predictable but did that change anything?

You want multi-culti?

Any 'culture' which could do that to anybody - let alone a child - should be prohibited in the UK.

Whatever they do at home may be abhorrent, but it's their country and there's no oil in Bangladesh.

Oh yes! - We have laws in the UK which prohibit that sort of thing!

We banned the bloody Moonies - Why not ban the misogynistic sect of Islam?

We also have laws which prohibit female genital mutilation. And they're enforced!

There are absolutely no females whatsoever who have suffered that terrible fate since the law was introduced. - Are there?

How many times have you read about dead dark-skinned women who had died from non-accidental (or self-administered?) burns?

How does that compare to the number of white women who die in the same way?

How many 'honour killings' have there been of Anglos in the UK?

Where should the blame lie?

Multi-culturalism. 'Come to England, enjoy living here' (I've no problem with that - I did it myself) 'Bring your own laws and morés and ignore ours. Ignore our society - live in your own little ghettos. We'll ignore you unless it hits the newspapers.'

It could have been: 'Welcome to England! You will probably wish to retain some of the customs you had at home, but now that you're here, we want you to learn our language and to adapt to our ways.'

That's called Integrationalism.

We have laws. We enforce them - afterwards.

That must have been a good drinking session :hihi::loopy:n

Err when are WE taking those killers to court then?:roll: Do you think we should invade and show them how it's done?

Oh and two women murdered by a man on Gleadless on Friday, does that count? Guess what? they are just as dead as the Bangladeshi girl.

You linked to a blog which said he did it.

Do you have a link to a (reputable) news report which confirms that?

Are you a Yankee? (I use the term advisably)(Ex Mississipian, now a Florida resident ;) )

People have been burning books ever since other people started writing them.

Hell, a few hundred years ago the Brits were burning Catholics - and before that they were burning Proddys and before that [before they invented Prods) they called the fuel 'Heretics'.

People do that.

It's not acceptable anymore - in the so-called 'civilised' world.

If you don't want it in your world, don't let 'em in.

There's plenty of religious extremism in the world and - IMO - extremism (not religion) should be eradicated.

A few years ago (as in 2007) I drove through rural Texas. The only radio stations I could find were: Religious (I say unto you brethren, open your pocketbooks and say after me ...') and wrist-cutting music (My wife done died and my dog done divorced me'.)

My wife is a 'daughter of the Alamo' but there's no way we would live in Texas. (Her dad is a descendant of Ethan Allen, but 'Live, Freeze and Die' isn't appealing either.):hihi:

Parts of the US are 'extremist' - fundamental Christian.

Parts of the UK are (or seem to me to be) going the same way (fundamental Islam.)

That happens.

If you don't like where you live, move elsewhere.

My question was phrased only semi-seriously.

What I really mean to ask - is it OK to dislike the Muslim religion? I'm not keen on it and wouldn't like to live in an Islamic country because I am used to the sexual freedom of the West and the availability of alcohol.

To object to Islam is characterised as Islamophobia which sounds more like a mental disease than a rationally thought out viewpoint. We need a word that means we don't like the religion, a word that makes that viewpoint seem sane rather than there is something wrong with you.

PS. I've spent lots of time in Islamic countries* so I believe I know what I'm talking about. There are some things I like in traditional Islamic societies, for instance the lack of street crime and the politeness.

* Indonesia, Malaysia, Pakistan, Abu Dhabi, Libya, Tunisia, Morocco and Mauritania.

That must have been a good drinking session :hihi::loopy:n

Err when are WE taking those killers to court then?:roll: Do you think we should invade and show them how it's done?

Oh and two women murdered by a man on Gleadless on Friday, does that count? Guess what? they are just as dead as the Bangladeshi girl.

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Which drinking session are you talking about?

For that matter, WTF are you talking about?

You linked to a blog which said he did it.

Do you have a link to a (reputable) news report which confirms that?

Are you a Yankee? (I use the term advisably)(Ex Mississipian, now a Florida resident ;) )

People have been burning books ever since other people started writing them.

Hell, a few hundred years ago the Brits were burning Catholics - and before that they were burning Proddys and before that [before they invented Prods) they called the fuel 'Heretics'.

People do that.

It's not acceptable anymore - in the so-called 'civilised' world.

If you don't want it in your world, don't let 'em in.

There's plenty of religious extremism in the world and - IMO - extremism (not religion) should be eradicated.

A few years ago (as in 2007) I drove through rural Texas. The only radio stations I could find were: Religious (I say unto you brethren, open your pocketbooks and say after me ...') and wrist-cutting music (My wife done died and my dog done divorced me'.)

My wife is a 'daughter of the Alamo' but there's no way we would live in Texas. (Her dad is a descendant of Ethan Allen, but 'Live, Freeze and Die' isn't appealing either.):hihi:

Parts of the US are 'extremist' - fundamental Christian.

Parts of the UK are (or seem to me to be) going the same way (fundamental Islam.)

That happens.

If you don't like where you live, move elsewhere.

Well, how about this.

This one might be a bit more clear.

And there's more.

What a mess.

Am I a Yankee? Mmmmm, being a native San Franciscan I guess I am, but I always thought a 'real' Yankee was someone from the Northeast. Like the Kennedys. My paternal grandfather was Irish, but a Kennedy he was not. :hihi:

So, you married a Texas girl. And Ethan Allen, wow! Does she belong to the DAR? (Link posted for the benefit of the Sheffield folk) I'm afraid they wouldn't take me. The older members of my mother's hispanic family talk about mexican land grants, but it's all a bit fuzzy.

Oh well, we are who we are, right? :)

Archived