Despicable brutality

Quote:

Originally Posted by winngardens

and in the real world, islam is evil on earth, the devils code.

In the real world evil is lying and using misrepresentations to promote hatred.

Yes like muslims beheading two UN Aid workers today because some religious freak thousands of miles away burnt the koran.

A Sharia judgement would have required 4 witnesses. The story of Aisha and what happened to her accusers is not something any muslim scholar would be ignorant of.

There was only the wife as a witness, what happened has nothing to do with Islam.

Well this goes to show the evil side of Islam in all its gory, to say it was nothing to do with Islam is beneath comtempt, Muslim law murdered that child!

I think you will find the subjugation of women predates Islam in Bangladesh and across the globe. You only have to look at the Old Testament to see how women were treated as commodities to be bought and sold.

If Islam was to have any bearing on this judgment it would have been to take no action against the poor victim. Most obviously the requirement of 4 witnesses was not met.

The crusades were called by the Pope, not some remote priest. I really can't see how your analogy fits this.

An absolute requirement?

Good post.

You will always find embarassed individuals trying to defend the indefensible.

You seem to be trying as others have done to claim that anyone not calling Islam evil and despicable must support the flogging to death of rape victims.

The only thing indefensible is the lies and hatred that dominate these threads.

I think you will find the subjugation of women predates Islam in Bangladesh and across the globe. You only have to look at the Old Testament to see how women were treated as commodities to be bought and sold.
Which of my points do you think you're arguing with here, because I don't recall saying anything that this part could be a response to?

If Islam was to have any bearing on this judgment it would have been to take no action against the poor victim. Most obviously the requirement of 4 witnesses was not met.
Just like people who ignore the parts in the bible about shellfish, homosexuals, haircuts etc. are not true Christians right?

Ignoring a single verse from a holy book completely disqualifies you from practicing the religion that the holy book is for?

So no-one in the whole world practises Christianity then. By your reasoning, the catholic church as it exists today has nothing to do with Christianity.

Thats' not what you're saying right?

The crusades were called by the Pope, not some remote priest. I really can't see how your analogy fits this.
Fair point, kind of. I'll switch my analogy to burning witches then, which was a sentence handed out by hundreds of local priests.

WARANTED - I suggest you read the OP again, they simply condemn it. Nowhere do they suggest it is something done by the majority in Bangladesh.

I stand by my comment of "backwards Islamic barbarism". The reason I stand by it is because that is exactly what it was.

No amount of pontificating, no amount of excusing or reasoning, will change the fact that the girl was murdered by the act of an Imam passing a Fatwa under Sharia Law.

It is good that these attrocities are brought to the attention of the public

"backwards Islamic barbarism".
Sums it up very well, anyone objecting must support the brutal murder.

No, and I have not said or implied that I do, you are attempting to build a strawman argument.

Not necessarily, because the state of Bangladesh is not the arbiter of what is and what isn't Islamic.

No, and I have not said or implied that I do, you are attempting to build a strawman argument.

In future can you please attempt to argue against what I have written instead of making up different things that I haven't said.

I should restrict my posts to what you post and not what you imply but you on the other hand should be left to make any outlandish claim and whichever strands of religion you suite you to justify Islam as the culprit, why is that?

I know you didn't say that damit but I am asking a question which I understand as the underlying premise of your post.

As the other poster has already said the Mullah and the villagers apparently behaved like a mob and did what mobs often do commit a crime that many as individuals wouldn't have done.

As for Islam it was an excuse used by the villagers to justify murder who blamed the Mullah for the Fatwa and also this is used by people like you and also the obvious trolls of SF just to justify hate for Islam. If examples are available that this is not Islamic then why are you still rolling on the point the priest used it as a justification. Have you enough knowledge of Islam to prove that is the prescribed punishment in Islam so that we can all agree that this is Islamic?

It seems the OP's intentions have been realised with this topic nicely turning to idiots choosing it as Islam bashing of the day.

Good post.

You will always find embarassed individuals trying to defend the indefensible.

Like the killing of British soldiers, yeah I remember that one thanks for the reminder, but why is that important on this thread and it was you defending the indefensible if I remember rightly?:suspect:

Sums it up very well, anyone objecting must support the brutal murder.

Really? Wonderful analysis skills you have, my my, very intellegnet to accuse anyone who disagrees with your sweeping and hateful statements to be agreeing with murder. :loopy:

Yet you have the audacity to accuse other people of closing threads when it is you who has had most threads closed in my recent experience and each time it has been when you have comprehensively had your trousers pulled down on open foum in the argument on here.

I should restrict my posts to what you post and not what you imply
No, feel free to comment on things I have implied, but again, don't make things up that I haven't implied.

but you on the other hand should be left to make any outlandish claim and whichever strands of religion you suite you to justify Islam as the culprit, why is that?
I'm sorry but this sentence is quite a mess and I don't fully understand what you're asking me.

I know you didn't say that damit but I am asking a question which I understand as the underlying premise of your post.
Well you have misunderstood the underlying premise of my post. Allow me to clarify.

My main point is that there is no such thing as a single 'islamic way' or one branch of 'true islam'. There are a variety of different interpretations. The local Imam who meted out this particular religiously inspired punishment happens to interpret it differently to you. You can't just claim he's not a 'real' Muslim, or that he's not practising Islam. He is practising Islam as he understands it, and that's just as much as any other muslim can say.

As for Islam it was an excuse used by the villagers to justify murder

Ah, so you disagree with Wildcat aswell when he says 'what happened had nothing to do with islam'. Because it clearly wasn't a post facto excuse, the Islamic judgement was made before the sentence was carried out (obviously).

... this is used by people like you and also the obvious trolls of SF just to justify hate for Islam.
Please don't lump me together with the trolls, I do not hate Islam, lets try and not get personal eh?

If examples are available that this is not Islamic then why are you still rolling on the point the priest used it as a justification.
Because it demonstrates that Wildcat's claim that 'what happened had nothing to do with Islam' is blatantly false. Which was my reason for posting on this thread in the first place. I saw an absolute claim which was false and came on to correct it.

Have you enough knowledge of Islam to prove that is the prescribed punishment in Islam so that we can all agree that this is Islamic?
There is no single 'islamic way' of doing things that everyone would agree on, that's my whole point.

Archived