Should Job Seekers be made to work?

I know many people on JSA are genuinely looking for work. I also know loads and loads that arent genuine.

So my question is Should people on JSA be made to do other things like community work etc?

Had a quick scan and coulndt see a similar thread.

I just wondered what peoples views are to it?

I know many people on JSA are genuinely looking for work. I also know loads and loads that arent genuine.

So my question is Should people on JSA be made to do other things like community work etc?

No, they shouldn't be forced to work, besides the fact there's no jobs available, hence the fact the jobs pages in the Star on a Thursday have shrunk to just 1 page lately, not everyone is capable of full time work, what if they're disabled or have kids/relatives to look after?

Hi Pinnacle Pat

Type Jobseekers into the 'Search Forums' link - there have been loads of dicussions on this. Granted, most of them have generated more heat than light and some have had to be closed because of squabbling and name calling. Nevertheless, prescient points have been made by some of the more responsible forum users.

Hi Pinnacle Pat

Type Jobseekers into the 'Search Forums' link - there have been loads of dicussions on this. Granted, most of them have generated more heat than light and some have had to be closed because of squabbling and name calling. Nevertheless, prescient points have been made by some of the more responsible forum users.

Thanks, i imagined it must have been brought up before but when i put the title in there was no suggestions......

Note to self, must look harder !

Id also be interested to know how many of the people that dont think its a good idea are on JSA too......

I used to be several years ago but I came off it for personal reasons, and no, it wasn't because I don't want to work.

Archived