Should Job Seekers be made to work?

There are lots of work out there, Yes it is agency work and at times a person could be waiting a week or two for another assignment. Snow clearing in winter. Keeping parks clean, Roads clean, But I would insist upon basic wages and help from DWP. Bus passes etc. The problem is would we be on the road back to cheapo labour and bad working practices

I'd like to see the practice where JSA made people stay in their building 9-5, so they could witness people researching employment, as opposed to signing a book then going home and doing nothing. That would weed out those that had no intention of working.

Already happening. It's called A4e, Wise Ability, Remploy etc. A form of incarceration that effectively prevents people doing a serious job search by being allowed limited internet access, ancient newspapers etc. in front of poorly-trained staff.

Still, it keeps Ian Duncan-Smith happy, reduces the role of the Job Centres and makes people like Emma Harrison rich.

There are lots of work out there, Yes it is agency work and at times a person could be waiting a week or two for another assignment. Snow clearing in winter. Keeping parks clean, Roads clean, But I would insist upon basic wages and help from DWP. Bus passes etc. The problem is would we be on the road back to cheapo labour and bad working practices

no one should work for less than minimum wage and that needs to be higher.

Walking distance? Pfft, my current voluntary position's in Rotherham, takes me 2 buses to get there, and they're moving in May, so it'll take me nearly twice as long to get there, got to decide if it's worth the faffing about really, 3 hours round trip to Hellaby and back to work for 3 hours one day a week, O work for South Yorkshire Police as a Police Support Volunteer, have done for about 2 and half years.

On and if there's drinks going, mine's white coffee, no sugar (I'm sweet enough, lol :hihi: )

Why don't you join police that way you would not have zero work and you'd get paid

Question should jobseekers be made to work?

Answer a

A lot of them already are working fiddling for a few quid extra,so there must be jobs out there but these employers get them on the cheap clamp down on them.I will now wait for the flack.:love::huh:

you can't make people work. you can try and pursuade them to work, but they don't have to do if they don't want to.

Then if they do not want to work then they should have their JSA stopped! It is called job seekers allowance, if the are not seeking a job why should they get it? Too many people in this country think they are owed something, or that they should just be entitled to an income for nothing.

Then if they do not want to work then they should have their JSA stopped! It is called job seekers allowance, if the are not seeking a job why should they get it? Too many people in this country think they are owed something, or that they should just be entitled to an income for nothing.

Exactly. People on job seekers who are not seeking a job are thieving scum, nothing more.

Archived