Should Job Seekers be made to work?

What employer are you referring to here?

I don't think you understand, no one is working for free in this situation!

Obviously you wouldn't need someone to do a job if it was already being done now would you?

If they didn't work, the benefits would be stopped, simple.

Right... We'll make up a company shall we...

Company A

Company A, is a shop that has 7 paid members of staff all on £6 an hour. They are then offered an opportunity to have staff who are claiming JSA, to work for them, who they would not have to pay.. So they decide to have another 4 JSA claimers to work for them as they could do with an extra bit of help.

Company A then decide that if they can have people working for them who they don't have to pay, why don't they do this rather than pay staff?

So they decide to no longer employ paid staff, and to use the opportunity of having JSA claimants.

Therefore meaning the 7 original staff, would lose their jobs, and end up claiming JSA along with other potentials who may have applied for the job in the future.

Oh, and it's a fact that this is already happening, as a well known shop in town has people on work trials there, and hardly any employed members of staff.

And isn't this near enough the same situation as the Future Jobs Fund scheme, which has now been scrapped, and thousands and thousands of people have lost their funding for jobs, and people are no longer able to have the temp positions that were offered.

(Just seen your edit...)

But, are there many jobs available that people aren't already doing? The council already do clean up jobs.

Right... We'll make up a company shall we...

Company A

Company A, is a shop that has 7 paid members of staff all on £6 an hour. They are then offered an opportunity to have staff who are claiming JSA, to work for them, who they would not have to pay.. So they decide to have another 4 JSA claimers to work for them as they could do with an extra bit of help.

Company A then decide that if they can have people working for them who they don't have to pay, why don't they do this rather than pay staff?

So they decide to no longer employ paid staff, and to use the opportunity of having JSA claimants.

Therefore meaning the 7 original staff, would lose their jobs, and end up claiming JSA along with other potentials who may have applied for the job in the future.

Oh, and it's a fact that this is already happening, as a well known shop in town has people on work trials there, and hardly any employed members of staff.

And isn't this near enough the same situation as the Future Jobs Fund scheme, which has now been scrapped, and thousands and thousands of people have lost their funding for jobs, and people are no longer able to have the temp positions that were offered.

I'm afraid it's obviously impossible to explain the concept to you.

It's absolutely nothing to do with private companies.

Its seriously a joke working unpaid in the 21st century, as work trials are just a way of getting free labour out of the unemployed, you are doing the same job and work that everyone who is employed are getting paid for. Not only this, but you are not guaranteed part or full time employment at the end of these work trials.

You need to understand that people who are unemployed, need an incentive to go to work, this means at least getting paid minimum wage if you attend a work trial. And at the state the local labour market is in, there should be a wider variety of jobs available for the unskilled unemployed.

Every job I see advertised within the job center is ridiculous, as just about all of them require previous experience, and hardly any training opportunities seem to be available to gain the skills needed for those jobs.

In addition, if I was to enroll on a college course, then what income would I be getting to help me through day to day life, up until finishing the course?. As you can only claim EMA if you have just left secondary school and enrolled at college.

In my opinion, better training, more apprenticeships and more local work should be generated by the government. However asking for this to happen is one thing, and when will it happen is another.

Its seriously a joke working unpaid in the 21st century, as work trials are just a way of getting free labour out of the unemployed, you are doing the same job and work that everyone who is employed are getting paid for. Not only this, but you are not guaranteed part or full time employment at the end of these work trials.

You need to understand that people who are unemployed, need an incentive to go to work, this means at least getting paid minimum wage if you attend a work trial. And at the state the local labour market is in, there should be a wider variety of jobs available for the unskilled unemployed.

Every job I see advertised within the job center is ridiculous, as just about all of them require previous experience, and hardly any training opportunities seem to be available to gain the skills needed for those jobs.

In addition, if I was to enroll on a college course, then what income would I be getting to help me through day to day life, up until finishing the course?. As you can only claim EMA if you have just left secondary school and enrolled at college.

In my opinion, better training, more apprenticeships and more local work should be generated by the government. However asking for this to happen is one thing, and when will it happen is another.

Who suggested unpaid work?

This ConDem government is secretly operating a cruel policy to steal from jobseekers their Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA) - simply to cut the growing welfare bill caused by their lunatic cuts.

My sister, who was made redundant last year, has been recently informed by letter that she has lost her JSA for a period of two months. It states that she did not apply for a particular employment vacancy back in early December. She informed the Jobcentre Plus that she did in fact apply for the position by sending her CV and a written application via email.

But her appeal was rejected on the grounds that the company offering the vacancy has no record of the application. My sister has shown the Jobcentre Plus adviser a copy of the email - but the word of the potential employer is all that matters in cases such as this.

My sister has been informed that Jobcentre Plus staff (under new secret guidelines introduced after the last general election) have to hit benefit sanction targets each week and that advisers, teams and regional offices now compete to see how many vulnerable and disadvantaged people they can remove JSA from.

My sister now lives on payments from the hardship fund, just over £30 per week. Her ability to actively seek employment has been harmed, as she now spends most of her time struggling to survive whilst getting into serious debt with her gas, electricity and water...

David Cameron and Nick Clegg are monsters.

You come across as someone who wants to punish people for being employed.

Am I reading you wrong? :)

I'm going to assume you meant unemployed, otherwise your post makes no sense.

In a way, yes, people on long-term JSA should be given work that's undesirable to encourage them to get jobs.

Archived