Should Job Seekers be made to work?

Exactly. People on job seekers who are not seeking a job are thieving scum, nothing more.

What about those job seekers who do seek work - but are punished because an employer feels it is easier and less time consuming to state that no application for a particular job vacancy has been made?

Rather than spend time and money searching their systems for the evidence, they prefer to inform the job centre that no application was made, it's much less bother. So now we have private companies deciding which job seekers should have their benefits removed (for up to six months) under Tory/Lib Dem policy.

The only real "thieving scum" are the Tories and their Lib Dem allies.

What about those job seekers who do seek work - but are punished because an employer feels it is easier and less time consuming to state that no application for a particular job vacancy has been made?

Rather than spend time and money searching their systems for the evidence, they prefer to inform the job centre that no application was made, it's much less bother. So now we have private companies deciding which job seekers should have their benefits removed (for up to six months) under Tory/Lib Dem policy.

I totally agree.

Irrelevant to the post you quoted.

It is fact that if you're claiming job seekers and not seeking work you ARE stealing, there's no question about it.

Every private business that informs Jobcentre Plus that no application for a job has been made by a job seeker must face a boycott. They are working hand in glove with the government to remove benefits from the poorest people in society.

We must hold demonstrations outside their premises, and write to, and telephone, their customers and suppliers informing them that they participate in a scheme that treats the poor as less than human. The anger is growing...

Every private business that informs Jobcentre Plus that no application for a job has been made by a job seeker must face a boycott. They are working hand in glove with the government to remove benefits from the poorest people in society.

We must hold demonstrations outside their premises, and write to, and telephone, their customers and suppliers informing them that they participate in a scheme that treats the poor as less than human. The anger is growing...

I'm sure this will be a fun activity for you.

I've no idea how the opinion that people should work for their money is predatory, but you're entitled to your opinions as I am mine.

When a person is unemployed he/she is vulnerable. To advocate any measure of sanction in the face on this vulnerability is an abusive act, and ignores inalienable human dignity. QED it is a predatory action.

Not only this, it is the government adding humiliation to the burden of poverty and calling it "personal responsibility". Here’s an idea, since they are so big on “accountability” and “responsibility”. How's about they try taking some, and make their” chums” in the banking sector "responsible" for the disaster their negligent financial practises have resulted in?

But we all know that this isn’t the kind of responsibility they mean. They mean revving the countries idiots into a state of frenzy so they can scapegoat those who have least power. They are cowardly amoral bullies whose real agenda would make Machiavelli blush.

I'm sure this will be a fun activity for you.

It's not about fun. It's about justice. Any employer that informs upon a job seeker as not applying for a job so that a sanction can be imposed should be put out of business. By any means necessary.

Here is a related article to my recent posts:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2011/apr/01/jobcentres-tricking-people-benefit-sanctions

When a person is unemployed he/she is vulnerable. To advocate any measure of sanction in the face on this vulnerability is an abusive act, and ignores inalienable human dignity. QED it is a predatory action.

Not only this, it is the government adding humiliation to the burden of poverty and calling it "personal responsibility". Here’s an idea, since they are so big on “accountability” and “responsibility”. How's about they try taking some, and make their” chums” in the banking sector "responsible" for the disaster their negligent financial practises have resulted in?

But we all know that this isn’t the kind of responsibility they mean. They mean revving the countries idiots into a state of frenzy so they can scapegoat those who have least power. They are cowardly amoral bullies whose real agenda would make Machiavelli blush.

You're confusing two groups of people. You're referring to the recently unemployed, who are vulnerable.

I am referring to the long-term unemployed, who are not.

It's not about fun. It's about justice. Any employer that informs upon a job seeker as not applying for a job so that a sanction can be imposed should be put out of business. By any means necessary.

Here is a related article to my recent posts:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2011/apr/01/jobcentres-tricking-people-benefit-sanctions

If they start taking everyone off benefits, I can assure you crimes will go up.. So they'll regret it in the long run. And they'll have only themselves to blame.

Archived