Should Job Seekers be made to work?

It's ok swami dhvan,

dave_dave seems to love posting sarcastic comments on this forum, I suggest you just ignore him, then he may stop posting his childish argumentative comments on here.

He sounds just like a conservative, criticizing people for been unemployed through no fault of their own. He needs to get a grip, considering the fact if he was unemployed and in the same situation, I don't think he would like to hear someone post the same comment he just posted.

Quite pathetic really.

It's ok swami dhvan,

dave_dave seems to love posting sarcastic comments on this forum, I suggest you just ignore him, then he may stop posting his childish argumentative comments on here.

He sounds just like a conservative, criticizing people for been unemployed through no fault of their own. He needs to get a grip, considering the fact if he was unemployed and in the same situation, I don't think he would like to hear someone post the same comment he just posted.

Quite pathetic really.

You're also confused. Once again, I am referring to the long-term unemployed and the people on JSA not seeking work. Not everyone who is unemployed.

If they start taking everyone off benefits, I can assure you crimes will go up.. So they'll regret it in the long run. And they'll have only themselves to blame.

But they won't regret it, that's just the point. The Tories want Jo public calling for harsher sentencing and more powers for the police. It was the same under the last Tory government. And Blair’s lot availed themselves of the same kind of populism. Nothing gets more support from your average right winger than the good old "law and order" ticket.

The more crime goes up, the more frightened people become. And the more likely they are to trade freedom for security. In the end having neither since leaving poverty to turn into criminality is a self fulfilling prophecy of dictatorship.

But they won't regret it, that's just the point. The Tories want Jo public calling for harsher sentencing and more powers for the police. It was the same under the last Tory government. And Blair’s lot availed themselves of the same kind of populism. Nothing gets more support from your average right winger than the good old "law and order" ticket.

The more crime goes up, the more frightened people become. And the more likely they are to trade freedom for security. In the end having neither since leaving poverty to turn into criminality is a self fulfilling prophecy of dictatorship.

Have you ever seen the film V for Vendetta? Sounds like that :hihi:

I'm not old enough to have seen the last Tory government, so can't really pick up on patterns tbh.

I'm going to assume you meant unemployed, otherwise your post makes no sense.

In a way, yes, people on long-term JSA should be given work that's undesirable to encourage them to get jobs.

Sorry about the schoolboy error...I did mean unemployed. :)

Where are all these jobs they should be "made" to get? Have you seen the current figures for unemployment? Have you any idea about how much higher they may go as the cuts bite ever deeper?

If they start taking everyone off benefits, I can assure you crimes will go up.. So they'll regret it in the long run. And they'll have only themselves to blame.

Nick Clegg and David Cameron actually want the crime rate to rise - they and the rest of the super rich will be well insulated from the effects. It will be mainly the poor, in poor areas, who will suffer. And they will use the crime rate to scare voters into re-electing their disgusting government.

Ken Clarke MP, an extremely wealthy Tory and the government's Justice Secretary, wants to cut prison places and send less people to prison. And only because it will save money to be spent on weapons for wars of 'regime change' - such as the one happening today in Libya...

Have you ever seen the film V for Vendetta? Sounds like that :hihi:

I'm not old enough to have seen the last Tory government, so can't really pick up on patterns tbh.

I am old enough, but if I hadn't seen it I wouldn't have thought it credible either. You don’t have to believe in conspiracy theories to see how the powerful and rich serve their own interests. Their use of power is in the service of the corporation not the individual. The rest is just the logical consequence of this position.

Sorry about the schoolboy error...I did mean unemployed. :)

Where are all these jobs they should be "made" to get? Have you seen the current figures for unemployment? Have you any idea about how much higher they may go as the cuts bite ever deeper?

It's the typical response of the long-term unemployed "there are no jobs".

I lost my job 7 years ago and started my own business, I now employ people, this creates jobs.

No one can honestly say they are actively seeking work to the extent of applying for everything they could do and still be on JSA 6 months later, there ARE jobs. Take a look at a few job sites if you don't believe me.

Archived