Should Job Seekers be made to work?

Why are these people long-term unemployed?

They may have had mental or emotional problems, or substance addictions. In which case after they have recovered they find that employers such as YOU don't want to employ them.

10 years? How on earth can someone be unemployed for 10 years?

Because employers operate a disgusting policy of not employing certain types of people - such as the long term unemployed and those with a history of mental illness.

If you don't currently employ a worker who has spent at least ten years out of the jobs market, for whatever reason, then YOU are the problem and in a decent society would be punished financially.

It's quite simple really,

People who are short term or long term unemployed are not applying for the jobs available, simply because they are irrelevant to that particular job seekers job search category, and require skills and experience within a similar role, which is unfair still. As you are been stereotyped into applying for jobs you have previously done and gained experience within, but you may not wish to apply for. As you may wish to start a new career altogether compared to other jobs you may have done.

This is not possible due to lack of funding within job centers for courses that should be available to anyone that is unemployed, and also a lack of training, and apprenticeships as I mentioned earlier.

My point is, there are a lot of jobs on there if you're looking for them, not the 4 per day you stated.

I've searched twice for different things, and shown evidence.

You have not shown evidence, and will not state what you searched for.

I don't believe you :)

They may have had mental or emotional problems, or substance addictions. In which case after they have recovered they find that employers such as YOU don't want to employ them.

Because employers operate a disgusting policy of not employing certain types of people - such as the long term unemployed and those with a history of mental illness.

If you don't currently employ a worker who has spent at least ten years out of the jobs market, for whatever reason, then YOU are the problem and in a decent society would be punished financially.

I wouldn't judge a person if they had a history of mental problems. I would however judge them if they had spent 10 years unemployed with no explanation. I can't think of a reason that it would happen.

I've searched twice for different things, and shown evidence.

You have not shown evidence, and will not state what you searched for.

I don't believe you :)

Oh for god sake, I told you the things I searched for why don't you try that?

Here's the link for you:

http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/listjob.aspx?sessionid=b8085ade-0f8d-46b8-a9be-2b14d4c4bbb3&pid=1&sid=277721891&p=1&so=5

I suggest you go back and read what you said in post 120. It sounds pretty unequivocal to me. :)

I suggest you consider the rest of my posts and don't decide I mean something I don't based on a single post.

I've told you what I mean. Simple.

I suggest you consider the rest of my posts and don't decide I mean something I don't based on a single post.

I've told you what I mean. Simple.

How about you explain why you haven't commented on the suggestion, that if we are advocating this kind of rights and responsibility, we aren't doing the same for the people who caused the collapse?

Archived