Should Job Seekers be made to work?

Oh for god sake, I told you the things I searched for why don't you try that?

Here's the link for you:

http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/listjob.aspx?sessionid=b8085ade-0f8d-46b8-a9be-2b14d4c4bbb3&pid=1&sid=277721891&p=1&so=5

I did try it, and can't find what you said you have...

And btw, you can search for ''all jobs'' like I did as shown in the link below that says ''Or search for all types of job''

http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/subjectmenu.aspx?sessionid=5ce3617c-f480-4b93-90e8-66e64f3eae1c&pid=4&o=1&r=1

which leads to this page

http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/searchoptionjob.aspx?sessionid=5ce3617c-f480-4b93-90e8-66e64f3eae1c&pid=4

which leads to these results

http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/listjob.aspx?sessionid=5ce3617c-f480-4b93-90e8-66e64f3eae1c&pid=4&sid=285728423&p=1&so=5

Which has the same amount of jobs I previously mentioned.

Therefore - nowhere near enough jobs.

I did try it, and can't find what you said you have...

And btw, you can search for ''all jobs'' like I did as shown in the link below that says ''Or search for all types of job''

http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/subjectmenu.aspx?sessionid=5ce3617c-f480-4b93-90e8-66e64f3eae1c&pid=4&o=1&r=1

which leads to this page

http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/searchoptionjob.aspx?sessionid=5ce3617c-f480-4b93-90e8-66e64f3eae1c&pid=4

which leads to these results

http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/listjob.aspx?sessionid=5ce3617c-f480-4b93-90e8-66e64f3eae1c&pid=4&sid=285728423&p=1&so=5

Which has the same amount of jobs I previously mentioned.

Therefore - nowhere near enough jobs.

Good lord. I'll go through it more slowly.

Go to job types. Click on "other retail and sales jobs"

Tick:

selling, cashier, customer care and door to door selling

Press enter.

There are 10 jobs on the first.

That's the first search I did.

What relevance does this have?

Do you think job seekers should be made to work?

Morality says that if we hold one person to a higher degree of accountability than another person in the same situation, we do so for immoral reasons. Let’s have a proportionate scale devised. If we are saying that a JSA claimant should be forced to work for his benefit then let’s join up the other dots as well.

We are using a scale of cost to the taxpayer versus work or compensation done by the claimant to society as a whole.

Fair enough, let’s have a level playing field, where we establish individually how much blame and therefore by our criteria responsibility everyone has. Starting with the heads of the Banks and working down.

If someone is claiming there sixty quid a week, let them pick up some litter. As this is a proportionate repayment to the tax payer for the moneys they receive in benefit.

And let’s see what proportionate remuneration the heads and (shareholders) of the banks should be making. Since as shareholders they surely have a degree of influence, and therefore surely accountability (by our criteria) of rights and responsibilities?

Let’s just do away with this "it wasn't me" culture. Let’s see how long the right want this rationalisation of rights and responsibility, about 0 seconds!

Dave_dave,

Would you actually consider working for around £65.00 a week just to receive your JSA, if you was in the same situation?. It's a totally unrealistic suggestion, as you would not be able to survive on this amount per week, and taking into account travel costs etc.

In my opinion your strategy to tackle the unemployed, would lead to higher crime rates around Britain, as nobody in their right mind would work for that amount per week, unless they could afford to. I can personally say I would not get out of bed to work for that amount per week.

The government don't seem to mind spending £800.000 per missile for the British military hurricane Bombers in Libya though do they?. Considering they have already fired 26 of these, maybe more within the past week or so. You figure out the math, that is costing this country unnecessary amounts of money in taxes and for wars we should not involve ourselves in.

Maybe they should put that money to better use, and provide more funding for job seekers and creating more jobs.

So instead of having a go at us lot and the long-term unemployed, just think about those reasons, and maybe have a go at the local government.

I'm not going to go through my posts to help you, I referred many times to jobs such as litter picking, graffiti cleaning and general clean up jobs, as are carried out for community service.

I don't see a few hours a week for their money as a punishment.

So do YOU think job seekers should be made to work?

People doing Community Service are doing so by order of a court. They are quite literally...criminals...albeit minor ones.

Council workers get paid the going rate for litter picking, graffiti cleaning and general clean up jobs. What happens to their job if someone else is doing it for a lot, lot less?

I am all for job seekers being made to work but only at the same rate as everyone else.

Good lord. I'll go through it more slowly.

Go to job types. Click on "other retail and sales jobs"

Tick:

selling, cashier, customer care and door to door selling

Press enter.

There are 10 jobs on the first.

That's the first search I did.

Fair enough, but then the 1st seems to be a 'good' day.

10 on 1st

7 on 31st

4 on 30th

3 on 29th

4 on 28th etc

But if you look at half of those jobs, they have requirements that not everyonw will have, such as full clean driving license etc, which narrows down what they can apply for.

So just because, there are ten jobs, they may only be able to apply for 6 of them. And so will a couple more hundred people.

It's literally as simple as - there are not enough jobs.

People doing Community Service are doing so by order of a court. They are quite literally...criminals...albeit minor ones.

Council workers get paid the going rate for litter picking, graffiti cleaning and general clean up jobs. What happens to their job if someone else is doing it for a lot, lot less?

I am all for job seekers being made to work but only at the same rate as everyone else.

The thread has covered the bold several times.

It is the same rate as everyone else! My suggestion was that they do up to 10 hours a week, for their £65. This is above minimum wage.

Dave_dave,

Would you actually consider working for around £65.00 a week just to receive your JSA, if you was in the same situation?. It's a totally unrealistic suggestion, as you would not be able to survive on this amount per week, and taking into account travel costs etc.

In my opinion your strategy to tackle the unemployed, would lead to higher crime rates around Britain, as nobody in their right mind would work for that amount per week, unless they could afford to. I can personally say I would not get out of bed to work for that amount per week.

The government don't seem to mind spending £800.000 per missile for the British military hurricane Bombers in Libya though do they?. Considering they have already fired 26 of these, maybe more within the past week or so. You figure out the math, that is costing this country unnecessary amounts of money in taxes and for wars we should not involve ourselves in.

Maybe they should put that money to better use, and provide more funding for job seekers and creating more jobs.

So instead of having a go at us lot and the long-term unemployed, just think about those reasons, and maybe have a go at the local government.

My suggestion was that people are working 10 hours for their £65. That's above minimum wage.

What's the problem with that?

Fair enough, but then the 1st seems to be a 'good' day.

10 on 1st

7 on 31st

4 on 30th

3 on 29th

4 on 28th etc

But if you look at half of those jobs, they have requirements that not everyonw will have, such as full clean driving license etc, which narrows down what they can apply for.

So just because, there are ten jobs, they may only be able to apply for 6 of them. And so will a couple more hundred people.

It's literally as simple as - there are not enough jobs.

I won't even suggest that you try a search for different types of jobs, it may take a while.

There may not be enough for EVERYONE but that doesn't have any relevance to the people who aren't SEEKING WORK, they're not applying, so why does the number of jobs affect this fact?

My suggestion was that people are working 10 hours for their £65. That's above minimum wage.

What's the problem with that?

Politicians are responsible for keeping our economy buoyant. It is their job brief after all. Why when they have failed along with their masters the banks does anyone have the right to punish the victims for their crimes?

Archived