Should Job Seekers be made to work?

Politicians are responsible for keeping our economy buoyant. It is their job brief after all. Why when they have failed along with their masters the banks does anyone have the right to punish the victims for their crimes?

There is no punishment.

I'm suggesting working for the money.

Why are so many people offended by the suggestion that people work for their money?

They should only take a job when it's available...I would much rather take a job doing something I enjoy and have a passion for, than one where I just turn up.

I'm sure everyone would, but that's not a choice many people have. It's the "benefit lifestyle" that has allowed people this option.

I agree with swami dhvan,

Why should job seekers be made to work for less, when they are doing the exact same job as someone who is getting paid the full minimum wage for it.

It's discrimination against the long term unemployed as simple as that.

Why would I want to lower my morale and impair my chances of gaining employment by working as a litter picker or cleaning up graffiti? As this is work that is usually given to ex-offenders.

If I was made to work as a job seeker, then my opinion would be to still be in receipt of JSA and the government would have to make your wages up to meet the national minimum wage for the hours you have worked, it's that simple.

No one should be forced to work for their JSA unless they are getting the national minimum wage in my opinion.

The thread has covered the bold several times.

It is the same rate as everyone else! My suggestion was that they do up to 10 hours a week, for their £65. This is above minimum wage.

Who is going to provide the training (If someone is going to be cleaning graffiti off walls there will be quite a bit of it)and equip all these people with tools and safety equipment? You?

It is going to be quite some outlay for the sake of 10 hours a week.

I agree with swami dhvan,

Why should job seekers be made to work for less, when they are doing the exact same job as someone who is getting paid the full minimum wage for it.

It's discrimination against the long term unemployed as simple as that.

Why would I want to lower my morale and impair my chances of gaining employment by working as a litter picker or cleaning up graffiti? As this is work that is usually given to ex-offenders.

If I was made to work as a job seeker, then my opinion would be to still be in receipt of JSA and the government would have to make your wages up to meet the national minimum wage for the hours you have worked, it's that simple.

No one should be forced to work for their JSA unless they are getting the national minimum wage in my opinion.

You're still reading wrong.

No one suggested people work for less than minimum wage.

Why should you get free money and give nothing back?

I would suggest strongly that you either do not understand morality or economics..maybe both.

I would suggest that you have problems understanding text.

I can see how your points would be relevant to my suggestions if I were suggesting any sort of punishment. However, I am not, so they are not.

Archived