Should Job Seekers be made to work?

If 'Job seekers' were made to work, there wouldn't be any more job seekers ... hence no point in this thread ... it'd be useless without them!

So ... obviously not! We need job seekers to continue this thread! :loopy:

Doesn't a no strings £65 pw do the same?

It is being unemployed in the first place which weakens all notions of freedom and individual responsibility. The maintenance award of sixty five quid is meant to be a short term lifeboat while someone finds a job. Placing further conditions on a person’s entitlement to that lifeboat negates the very principle upon which that entitlement is based.

Government to be legitimate at all must remove all impediments to the freedom and welfare of its citizenry. When it fails to do this it becomes accountable for that failure. Just as someone who doesn’t try and find work and improve their chances is culpable. But let’s not pretend that those with least power are most accountable.

Particularly obvious when its deregulation of the financial services sector leads directly to the failure of the economy. The regulations were there to restrain this behaviour for reasons which have become all too apparent.

who said I could not provide for my family?.

You seem to assume a lot of things don't you, you seem to revel at the fact at what you can afford and what other people cannot.

Money can't buy you everything my friend.

You seem so big headed and egotistical about your employment status, I hope karma one day will turn round and bite you when you least expect.

Maybe then you will have a more moral opinion of the topic at hand.

who said I could not provide for my family?.

You seem to assume a lot of things don't you, you seem to revel at the fact at what you can afford and what other people cannot.

Money can't buy you everything my friend.

You seem so big headed and egotistical about your employment status, I hope karma one day will turn round and bite you when you least expect.

Maybe then you will have a more moral opinion of the topic at hand.

I assume a lot of things? I believe the same can be said of you with "you seem" being frequent within your post.

You're the one who brought up my employment status when you began making assumptions about my career.

I wasn't revelling in anything, merely replying to your ridiculous assumptions that I'm jealous of the unemployed.

I have a perfectly moral opinion of the topic at hand.

There is no reason to be unemployed long-term and something should be done about the people who are claiming and not seeking work, that's a valid opinion. How is it immoral?

Edit: In answer to you not being able to provide for your family, not an assumption, you've already posted that you were homeless for some time.

Tony,

They probably have nothing else better to do with their life, just my opinion. I could think of more better things to do with my time than volunteer even though I was employed already.

Not everyone wants to work in their free time, and would imagine they have better things to do in their free time than volunteering.

But, suppose it's whatever rocks your boat really isn't it?.

dave_dave,

get a grip on yourself and do us all a favor and stop posting your sarcastic and pathetic remarks. You seem to be boring me with your ridiculous posts, and not answering questions that are related to the topic at hand.

If you have nothing constructive to say, then why bother posting?

dave_dave,

get a grip on yourself and do us all a favor and stop posting your sarcastic and pathetic remarks. You seem to be boring me with your ridiculous posts, and not answering questions that are related to the topic at hand.

If you have nothing constructive to say, then why bother posting?

I've answered the question in the OP and all your question.

Would you like me to repeat them for you?

You sound like a robot dave_dave,

every time you are confronted about answering questions about the topic, you seem to reply with your repetitive comment as posted above.

Seriously grow up you little child.

You sound like a robot dave_dave,

every time you are confronted about answering questions about the topic, you seem to reply with your repetitive comment as posted above.

Seriously grow up you little child.

Do you have a question you would like to ask me?

I don't see any questions from yourself I haven't replied too, please let me know what I've missed as it seems to be making you rather angry.

lol,

I find it kind of amusing to be honest, how pathetic you actually are. Does not make me angry at all. Maybe it is you with the anger issues, as you seem to be venting your anger out on the unemployed by creating this thread and leaving some of the comments you have posted.

Sorry everyone but I think I will let dave_dave carry on moaning to himself on here while I do something more constructive with my free time on a Sunday evening.

Goodbye all

Archived