Should Job Seekers be made to work?

A question for all those in favour of making JSA claimants work for their money.

Would you be happy for your job to be done by unpaid JSA claimants?

If you answer yes - then look forward at some point to losing your own job. It makes a hell of a saving for a company to have unpaid staff

If you answered no - Is any any reason why ? is it a case of, well I want others to work for benefits, but not me. I have bills to pay.

Also remember this, the amount of people unemployed who have degrees, high level job skills such as IT (in many cases have far better skills than those in work), have years of experience in an area..........who cannot get work due to the lack of work should make us all shudder.

Do you honestly believe that the job you are doing now...........the one that pays your mortgage could not be done by a current jobseeker?

30 years ago, people on the dole were the duffers of sociey, you can't say that today. If JSA applicants had to work for their benefits then as far as I'm concerned, every person in work, who pays bills, has a mortgage etc.....had better get lots of pairs of underpants, because you are going to need them if JSA applicants are forced to work unpaid.

Why? because very soon, you will be working unpaid alongside the JSA claimants

I'd like to see the practice where JSA made people stay in their building 9-5, so they could witness people researching employment, as opposed to signing a book then going home and doing nothing. That would weed out those that had no intention of working.

isn't this a general discussion or is this just proposed for the Sheffield unemployed :roll:

I would assume that since the majority of people contributing live in Sheffield, its bound to be centred around the Sheffield unemployed general or not, wouldn't you?

I would assume that since the majority of people contributing live in Sheffield, its bound to be centred around the Sheffield unemployed general or not, wouldn't you?

The point being, is the op suggesting that the nations unemployed do this or only Sheffield unemployed, there is a difference and this is in the Sheffield discussions where as it should be in the general discussions ,

The point being, is the op suggesting that the nations unemployed do this or only Sheffield unemployed, there is a difference and this is in the Sheffield discussions where as it should be in the general discussions ,

That must be very upsetting for you.

I'm sure it will be moved eventually.

That must be very upsetting for you.

I'm sure it will be moved eventually.

not really its just strange how some people can post where they want too and most of us cant, anyway it suits the people that frequent the general discussions all the lefties and Pseudo intellects :roll:

not really its just strange how some people can post where they want too and most of us cant, anyway it suits the people that frequent the general discussions all the lefties and Pseudo intellects :roll:

Why would it only be "lefties" that think people shouldn't be entitled to scrounge from the working population long-term?

Archived