How to find out the year my house was bulit and who lived there??

esha88

Hi this may seem really strange but my dad claims that he can see/speak to a guy in his home. He was recently diagnosed with lewy bodies disease, so this could just be a hallucination, but it bothers me that he has so much information about this man.

He knows his name, claims he lived there in around 1938 and also some personal issues regarding this man.

I was just wondering if there was anyway i could find out for sure the year his house was built in and possibly if this person actually did ever live there?

please help

Hi esha88 - assuming that the house is in Sheffield, if you PM me the address, then if the house was there in any of the years 1891, 1901, 1905, 1911, 1925 and 1941 I may well be able to tell you who lived there.:)

Hi hillsbro, no the house is actually in Doncaster, would you still be able to find out?

i just keep thinking he cant just be hallucinating as he see's the same person everytime and knows (well says) some really interesting things about him.

Land registry or the deeds should give you more info, or the area census

My great grand mother has been known to put in an appearance during family disputes (her house is still in the family), and I've met the school teacher who used to have my other grand mother's house - she used to turn up whenever there was a sick child in the house. There wasn't much excuse for wearing edwardian dressses in the mid seventies

Hi hillsbro, no the house is actually in Doncaster, would you still be able to find out?
Only for 1911 or earlier.:|..Doncaster Local Studies Library (in Waterdale) will have local directories and census returns.

im so glad i saw this thread as i have always wondered the same about my house, my little boy has said a number of times that somebody has said something to him while he is in his bedroom, he is only five so i just put it down to an overactive imagination, i know my house was built about 1939 in sheffield, it would be great if i could find out any info as it has always interested me but i didnt know where to start.

Archived