Tin Tin on London Road

dry_riser

Well, what to make of this place?! I don't know the chinese restaurants on London Road that well but I thought I would give this place a go. I was on my own so ordered conservatively, a bit afraid to try one of the vast number of 'traditional' dishes on the menu. However, I would like to return with friends and have a bit of an adventure. But my experience of 'traditional' food is that it is not always to my taste. For example I do have a problem with the gelatinous texture often found in Chinese food, and I can live without intestines, pigs trotters and ox's tripe. But I also recognise that some things that lose something in translation on the menu could actually turn out to be really nice. 'Fried pork with sugar and black vinegar' for instance or 'Barbecued squid tubes' or 'Lamb Spine Hotpot'. Can anyone share their experiences of the traditional menu?

Cheers

Archived