What are my rights?

I bought a car on fnance 4 weeks this coming monday and its been nothing but trouble.

Had to go back 6 times in all, causing me hassle and extra travel expense.

Yet again im without it for another night so they can try and diagnose the problem and finaly fix it.

The question is can i get a refund?

surely you should have up to 12 months warranty on the car? if it is under warranty I wouldnt worry after all they are paying for the repairs

for the lack of use of the car if its off the road for a good while i suppose you could contact the finance company see if they can issue you with a refund

This has some relevant info:

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/

I once tried to reject a car under the Sales of Goods Act the day after I bought it (it broke down twice!). Trading standards told me exactly what to say. The dealer laughed in my face and told me to sue him. I ended up selling it back to him at a £500 loss. A very unhappy experience.:(

oh dear :o

im afraid to tell you, you may have been had :(

you could always go back to the place you bought it from and speak with them see what they say

Sorry.

Not made myself clear.

I bought it from an estasblished used care dealer who has given me a months warrenty.

The 5 or 6 occasions its been in the garage are times he hads taekn it to try and get it fixed.:)

Sorry.

Not made myself clear.

I bought it from an estasblished used care dealer who has given me a months warrenty.

The 5 or 6 occasions its been in the garage are times he hads taekn it to try and get it fixed.:)

well at least he's gettin it sorted for you I would however call the company you get your finance from and ask them regarding the payments

well at least he's gettin it sorted for you I would however call the company you get your finance from and ask them regarding the payments

I totaly accept this is most probably one of (or in the case 6 of) those things but its been dragging on for nearly a month now and whilst ill give the guy his dues when it somes to taking the car be fixed everytime with no question, that doesnt change the fact it leaves me without a car..

The car i traded in (mot failure with a bit left to run) was more reliable in every way. Ive left it a bit late to ring the fiance company today but will give them a ring toorrow.

:)

sales off goods act is a lot stronger these days, they have to either fix it to your satisfaction or they have to give you a refund!!

Good to hear, but how is it enforced? When I had my trouble, I needed a working car asap and certainly didn't have funds to take any action against the dealer myself.

Archived