Working Men's Clubs in Sheffield

• 2 weeks later...
I knew Ron Delta very well my Mother was a pianist/organist at Intake sports club and later at The Marples and was a good friend of his she sadly passed away 4 years ago but I can remember when Ron and Diana Dell (Mary Nelson) and my Mum used to get together there was always lots of laughs.

Diana Dell also known as Gail Burton was my mum. remember Ron was known to me as Uncle Ron when I was a kid. I do remember she had to change her stage name because of an agent? trying to remember your mum.

Sent you a PM. My mum was Sheila.

Shiela I remember was the best pianist in Sheffield (to quote my mum}.

Played for bbc radio i was told.

They where like two school kids when they where together your mum used to come to our house in foxhill and later in wincobank and practice new songs (all sheet music then) and neighbors would come out on the street to hear and nosey. It was suppose to be my piano but i could never play like your mum

be around 68 to78

Sent you a PM. My mum was Sheila.

Shiela I remember was the best pianist in Sheffield (to quote my mum}.

Played for bbc radio i was told.

They where like two school kids when they where together your mum used to come to our house in foxhill and later in wincobank and practice new songs (all sheet music then) and neighbors would come out on the street to hear and nosey. It was suppose to be my piano but i could never play like your mum

be around 68 to78

• 5 months later...

can anyone remember a very good club band that used to perform 70s/80s type music four seasons stuff etc,under their adverts it used to state one of the band was ex-jimmy james and the vagabonds. driving me nuts just cant think of the name :help:

---------- Post added 27-01-2013 at 15:29 ----------

First saw marti caine at dial house club.

she ran a cafe at firth park before that.

Does anyone remember Ronnie Dukes and Ricki Lee.

i remember marti caine when she had the cafe at firth park,we used to go in as kids and she was gorgeous,many a time we used to have fantasies about her,then malc her hubby would put an appearance in and that would be the end of that !:blush:

• 2 weeks later...
Did Stan live on Ripon Street when he was younger, did he also have a brother called Dennis and a sister (can't remember her name). If he did I see Dennis most weekends dropping people off at an old people home near me. When Dennis got married, my oldest brother, also called Dennis was best man for him.

tbh honest i dont know much about were he lived when he was younger or much of his family ,but i know he grew up in attercliffe ..as for having a brother called dennis i think he did ,i deffo know he had a bro in law called dennis n my dads sis was called joan