Should Cannabis be legalised in Britain?

Should it be legalised and regulated by the government?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be legalised and regulated by the government?

• Strongly agree
    • Agree
    • Neutral
    • Disagree
    • Strongly disagree

Cannabis isn't legal in Amsterdam.

There are street dealers who will offer you all sorts of things, experienced Amsterdam visitors just ignore them.

I don't know about now but when I was there the legal places were ;the paridiso',melk weg,netherland s weed co,and the grass boat.but lots of bars with house dealers selling just about everything the police just turned a blind eye to it .I saw scouse mate arrested with a kilo of afghani hash taken down the station on waaurmer straat in the red light and released two hrs later with it nicely wrapped by the police in brown grease proof paper ..no chargers:)as for dealers on the streets(back then you just avoided the blacks ..from S.America ) you could get some bargin deals on the street if you were "experienced "thats how a lot of the dealers start off so they don't want a bad reputation ripping off people,

I lived and worked in amsterdam for two years in the late 70"s and from what I saw i would'nt legalize it .the problem I found is that it dos'nt stop at cannabis .we'd go to a bar you get offered grass and hash then coke ,speed , smack ,acid ,mushrooms,peyote all kinds of drugs.I don't know how they collect imformation on pot smokers ,but the ones I new did'nt stop at pot.plus the peer pressure among young people is another factor .think its simplistic to belive legalizeing something makes it "uncool".. .I've had friends with serious emotional problems just get worse smoking that **** .

Personally I have strong views against a lot of other drugs too. Although they are always going to be around, there's not a lot that can be done about it, unfortunately.

*bold* Yes pot is a problem for people with mental instabilities, then again so is alcohol, but often alcohol has violent consequences and yet it is accepted.

100% Agree with this, I really abused smoke when I was in my teens, just made me lazy lol

As I've got older, I'm into my graphic design, flash, website building and music production, it always helped me to be very creative when working on a project. I really miss sitting at the computer with a nice coffee and a joint and getting wrapped up in something creative. There's a wonder I don't need glasses now from them days where I would sit there for hours!

As someone pointed out earlier, it can be a bad thing when doing certain dangerous jobs, like driving a crane! lol

the problem I found with it in a creative sense I was useing it for playing bules rock fusion guitar it made me pretencious and not creative. It gave me very good focus on certain things thats all it did'nt release anything.were as a jazz guitarist I knew swore by it

because he was loaded up with theory and scales from years of study it was a wonder drug for him because of the" release factor "as he put it .it was like being mentaly constipated and weed being the laxitive.:hihi:

100% Agree with this, I really abused smoke when I was in my teens, just made me lazy lol

As I've got older, I'm into my graphic design, flash, website building and music production, it always helped me to be very creative when working on a project. I really miss sitting at the computer with a nice coffee and a joint and getting wrapped up in something creative. There's a wonder I don't need glasses now from them days where I would sit there for hours!

As someone pointed out earlier, it can be a bad thing when doing certain dangerous jobs, like driving a crane! lol

It is for the reasons you've stated that I owe the last 10 years of my carear in a professional capacity to, for me that obsessive endeavour state of mind I could only have achieved whilst stoned. I too still miss that state of absolute concentration though I still try to achieve it but since moving away from people who supplied me with cannabis and now only having 'sensible' people around me I achieve so much less.

I remember when I had heart trouble a few years back at the age of 28. The doctors asked if I'd had any drugs. I replied "only cannabis now and again". I asked what it's effects were assuming they had expert knowledge. All 3 of them said they had little knowledge and one of them went off to google it. My point? When hospital doctors don't know and come back saying there is limited knowledge of it then you can't be sure what you are doing. I know various 'experts' will tell you it's harmless but they don't really know. It has been said that people like Paul McCartney had it every day for years with no problems. True but he had the finest quality stuff, not today's phostrogen soaked badly produced trash made entirely for maximum profit by uncaring people.

Until the full facts are known do not touch. If you must then it should be the finest quality stuff. Either way it's a massive risk.

Your poll makes no sense, I can't 'strongly agree' with a question, you should word it as a statement to which I can agree or not!

Ok my statement is "Cannabis should be legalised, and regulated by the government." But it came across as a question, I started the poll in the early hours when I was tired. Sorry about that.

Archived