Should Cannabis be legalised in Britain?

Should it be legalised and regulated by the government?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be legalised and regulated by the government?

• Strongly agree
    • Agree
    • Neutral
    • Disagree
    • Strongly disagree

I remember when I had heart trouble a few years back at the age of 28. The doctors asked if I'd had any drugs. I replied "only cannabis now and again". I asked what it's effects were assuming they had expert knowledge. All 3 of them said they had little knowledge and one of them went off to google it. My point? When hospital doctors don't know and come back saying there is limited knowledge of it then you can't be sure what you are doing. I know various 'experts' will tell you it's harmless but they don't really know. It has been said that people like Paul McCartney had it every day for years with no problems. True but he had the finest quality stuff, not today's phostrogen soaked badly produced trash made entirely for maximum profit by uncaring people.

Until the full facts are known do not touch. If you must then it should be the finest quality stuff. Either way it's a massive risk.

The point is dont listen to doctors about drug use and its effects. There not experts.

I remember when I had heart trouble a few years back at the age of 28. The doctors asked if I'd had any drugs. I replied "only cannabis now and again". I asked what it's effects were assuming they had expert knowledge. All 3 of them said they had little knowledge and one of them went off to google it. My point? When hospital doctors don't know and come back saying there is limited knowledge of it then you can't be sure what you are doing. I know various 'experts' will tell you it's harmless but they don't really know. It has been said that people like Paul McCartney had it every day for years with no problems. True but he had the finest quality stuff, not today's phostrogen soaked badly produced trash made entirely for maximum profit by uncaring people.

Until the full facts are known do not touch. If you must then it should be the finest quality stuff. Either way it's a massive risk.

Well first off I hope you are better now.

What was the diagnostics given to your problem? was it serious or anxiety if you don't mind me asking?

I have read up and found only 2 deaths ever recorded with the reason being given as direct cannabis use?! I cant verify that to be true.

I agree there is some bad stuff about that is not pure, some stories even indicate broken glass being sprinkled onto skunk varieties, to give it a crystallised appearance. As with some hash having plastic mixed into it, yuk.

The above paragraph is one of the reasons I would like to see the government regulating cannabis growth, production and packaging.

Cannabis doesnt cause heart conditions per say. But if you smoke enough of it it wont do your heart any good, but then again neither will chocolate if you eat it everyday.

You base this fact on which evidence?

I thought we were discussing cannabis specifically.

He's making totaly unfounded judgements based on his own opinions, and trying to present them as facts.

It's actually quite funny reading this thread, the amount of defensive behaviour from users is astonishing.

He's making totaly unfounded judgements based on his own opinions, and trying to present them as facts.

It's actually quite funny reading this thread, the amount of defensive behaviour from users is astonishing.

What have you contributed to this thread?

Cannabis doesnt cause heart conditions per say. But if you smoke enough of it it wont do your heart any good, but then again neither will chocolate if you eat it everyday.

Correct. Studies have found that cannabis is not a direct cause of heart problems.

" The effects of cannabis on the heart and blood vessels are similar to

the effects of moderate exercise and do not constitute a risk in healthy

adolescents or adults. Furthermore, tolerance occurs with repeated use.

Cannabis may, however, be dangerous for people with diseases of the

circulatory system, particularly those with coronary artery disease,

irregularities of heart rhythm or raised blood pressure or those at an

increased risk of stroke"

source: http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publications/drugs/acmd1/acmd-cannabis-report-2008?view=Binary

Strongly agree.

Prohibition didnt work for alcohol in the States and never is banning drugs, but specifically for this topic cannabis.

If we tax it like cigarettes, we could create a decent revenue stream. Albeit a lot of people would grow it at home legally.

It wont be long before its legalised anyway, California isnt too far away from legalising it, in order to create a revenue stream for the near bankrupt state and the big cigarette companies are waiting to press a button to sell it commercially. Once that happens the floodgates will open. At a guess 5 years max.

Strongly agree.

Prohibition didnt work for alcohol in the States and never is banning drugs, but specifically for this topic cannabis.

If we tax it like cigarettes, we could create a decent revenue stream. Albeit a lot of people would grow it at home legally.

It wont be long before its legalised anyway, California isnt too far away from legalising it, in order to create a revenue stream for the near bankrupt state and the big cigarette companies are waiting to press a button to sell it commercially. Once that happens the floodgates will open. At a guess 5 years max.

Good post, yeah I really hope it isn't much longer. I feel the government have little to lose and plenty to gain.

The statistics are definitely in favour of it up to now, thanks for voting to all that have taken part up to now, very interesting.

Archived