Prescription charges abolished in Scotland, but rise in England

Nothing if it was fair. I must have had half a dozen prescriptions where the pharmacist has said I can buy the same item off the shelf for less.

Agreed. Happens to me all the time. I get antihistamines at a fraction of the price over the counter, so there's clearly something amiss here with the pricing.

we should make everyone pay for GP so we dont have a 2 week waiting list for scrubbers getting the contraceptive pill or antidepression or fatty pill type drugs

would you like to see your GP same day if you pay £10 or wait 2 weeks for a appointment

So according to you Danny11 (assume that is your IQ), anyone getting the contraceptive pill is a scrubber? & you can only get depressed if you are a scrubber. Oh & if your are overweight you are also a scrubber. You my friend are an idiot & a very good one at that :loopy:

My sister was rushed to hospital a few weeks ago down south. Two days ago she received a bill from the hospital for pain relief that they had to give her. This was not a private hospital (although her husband later rushed her to one, which saved her life) but a national health one and she is UK born, bred, resident and tax payers.

Is this part of the new prescription charges, can we expect to have bills now from the hospitals?

Does she normally pay for her prescriptons?

My sister was rushed to hospital a few weeks ago down south. Two days ago she received a bill from the hospital for pain relief that they had to give her. This was not a private hospital (although her husband later rushed her to one, which saved her life) but a national health one and she is UK born, bred, resident and tax payers.

Is this part of the new prescription charges, can we expect to have bills now from the hospitals?

that doesn't sound right.

i was rushed into A&E and spent two weeks on all kind of pills and morphene, and was given a huge bag of painkillers when i was discharged. i was never billed for any of it, and i pay for all my prescriptions from the GP.

that doesn't sound right.

i was rushed into A&E and spent two weeks on all kind of pills and morphene, and was given a huge bag of painkillers when i was discharged. i was never billed for any of it, and i pay for all my prescriptions from the GP.

yeah, sounds strange. never heard of anyone being charged for medication they got while in hospital. do they have private wings in NHS hospitals? could that be it? but, then again., would they have a private A&E?

Don't be too quick to bemoan the charge, admittedly it's a lot in England, and although yeah on the surface of it, here in Scotland, it seems great, where the hell is all the money going to come from now that the script money isn't going back into the NHS? I think a much better system would be everyone paying a much smaller amount.

Great idea thousand of the poor dole scurgers die, the goverment has less to pay out

... and the old. They're always at the Doctors. I know some went to war and that, but that was years ago. Make em pay, and if they can't they can do one. I'm sick and tired of fixing poorly people on NHS money.

When will this country be great again, like it was after WW1? Those men lost legs, and breathed in mustard gas, and came home to live with terrible injuries that ruined their lives. They had the decency to die quietly without taking good honest tax money.

Archived