Anyone heard of TopDraw Promotions Ltd aka 'The Community Scheme'?

Someone called at my house yesterday and told me about 'The Community Scheme' which he described as raising funds to help football teams for local kids. You signed up on a monthly basis for a raffle, with proceeds going to local football clubs via the Community Scheme.

He gave me a leaflet, and I can see that the scheme is run by a company called TopDraw Promotions Ltd. Their address is a PO Box in Bately. I found their website, and it seemed to be more commercially oriented rather than charity based. There was no specific examples of any local kids football clubs that had received any assistance from the scheme.

Does anyone involved with grassroots football clubs know anything about this? I have no objection to helping a local charity like this if genuine, but fear it may be either a full blown scam, or just pass on very little to any good causes.

I have sent you a message

This is not a scam.

The sheffield scheme raises money for hallam fc. There are also schemes set up in bridlington, barnsley, leeds, normanton, driffield, hull, goole, stalybridge, glossop.

If anybody else has had a canvasser call at your house remember this is not a scam they are raising money for a very good cause

Archived