Searching for Landlord- Problem Neighbours

Has anyone any idea how to find out who lets a particular property?

My MIL is having trouble with her next door neighbours, they are being extremely noisy in the early hours of the morning, with someone banging away on a drum kit, screaming, shouting, the usual kind of behaviour.

She has to be up early for work, (5:30am) so is usually in bed from 9pm.

She has been down the usual route, asking them politely if they could keep the noise down, now she is keeping a record of times, dates, etc, but we have no idea who the landlord is, and they wont tell her.

Is there any way we can find out?

Thanks.

Has anyone any idea how to find out who lets a particular property?

My MIL is having trouble with her next door neighbours, they are being extremely noisy in the early hours of the morning, with someone banging away on a drum kit, screaming, shouting, the usual kind of behaviour.

She has to be up early for work, (5:30am) so is usually in bed from 9pm.

She has been down the usual route, asking them politely if they could keep the noise down, now she is keeping a record of times, dates, etc, but we have no idea who the landlord is, and they wont tell her.

Is there any way we can find out?

Thanks.

Try the council.

Dealing With Domestic Noise Nuisance sheffield council

http://www.rotherham.gov.uk/info/200040/environmental_health/1522/noise/1

http://local.direct.gov.uk/LDGRedirect/MapLocationSearch.do?LGSL=412&LGIL=0&auth=268&map=4-x

Hi, sorry your MIL is having trouble with noisy neighbours. It can be very distressing to suffer ongoing noise and should therefor be dealt with in the correct way as soon as possible. I would ask though, do you know if the noisy neighbours are working or if they receive benefits? I know that you mentioned there is a private landlord but the answer to this question really determines the course of action you should take.

We are having similar problems-if it's not loud music, it's loud sex (last night was particularly nauseating! Gave us the giggles in bed though!), or really, loud anything. They seem incapable of doing anything quietly, from closing (SLAMMING!) doors to having a shower, I hear it all. It's really starting to hack me off now-I'd love to try the loud music in a morning thing but I've got neighbours on the other side who I need to think about. So even though I don't have a solution, I do sympathise! I hope your mother in law gets it sorted soon.

Why not speak to neighbour on other side and ask if they'd mind if you had loud music on just the once. If they are friends maybe you could leave it on when you went to work and give them key to turn if off when they'd had enough:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Hi

Sorry to bother you, My name is Laura and I work at Maverick TV. We are currently making a documentary series on Community Mediation, following teams of experts whose job it is to help resolve neighbourly issues. After seeing your post we may be able to help you with your current situation.

If you are interested in learning more you can contact me at l.woolf@mavericktv.co.uk

Thanks

Laura

Archived