Moolala - West One Sheffield

royalowl

I've been here twice, would definitely recommend it.......had bread with hendersons which was lush, then had steak sandwich which was also really good.

They do proper homemade chips too which made my meal!! Staff very friendly, not very busy but well worth a look in

• 1 month later...

Tried this place the other day as I live near by and really wanted to support local business/food. Sorry to say I was very disappointed, the service was not at all welcoming and seemed like they weren't bother whether we ate there or not. The food was also nothing special and came out quite dry and without the promised side dishes in my case.

I did have a voucher as a member of their mailing list for the desert but that too was disappointing. The setting was also unfortunately not that intimate and really sorry to say I wouldn't go again.

I've been here twice, would definitely recommend it.......had bread with hendersons which was lush, then had steak sandwich which was also really good.

not exactly pushing the culinary boundries

not exactly pushing the culinary boundries

It doesn't always need to be foams and the like to make it special. Good food can be simple too in my opinion. I personally really liked this place by the way. Definitely plan to go back.

It doesn't always need to be foams and the like to make it special. Good food can be simple too in my opinion. I personally really liked this place by the way. Definitely plan to go back.

food can be good, simple and interesting though, a steak sandwich is a bit boring, have a look at what the Wick are offering, simple but exciting.

When I went I had the breads which were nice but nothing special.

Then had the burger and homemade chips and some onion rings to share.

Found my burger and my chips very greasy. The onion rings had been forgotten and when they arrived they weren't cooked through properly (probably due to being rushed out) and everything seemed to just taste of grease. My friend thought the same.

We didn't have dessert as we'd not enjoyed the mains.

Won't be going back in a rush. Sorry. I really wanted to enjoy this place and was sorely disappointed.

Likewise I also didn't rate the service.

Been back twice since my opening post. Unfortunately each occasion was worse than before. Tiny portions, no atmosphere and a tendency for the limited menu to be reduced further because something as run out. In fact last time I went they were out of House Red - offered me an alternative and then charged me the extra anyway!

Archived