Moolala - West One Sheffield

royalowl

• 3 weeks later...
Moo LaLa has closed :o( Never got round to trying it.

Shame to see these great independents closing

It is a shame but it must have been doomed from the start to only have lasted 6 months?

The poor folks who set this up must have been living in financial cloud cuckoo land.

If people really want to become restaurateurs , perhaps better to start small and work your way up rather than think you can do a ramsay from day one...?

My personal opinion is if you want to open a restaurant , you should be a good enough chef to run the kitchen yourself in the early days?

And the other half of your team should be running front of house.

If you have to employ people from day one to run your restaurant for you - well the writing is on the wall.

I worry more about the local suppliers who may well have been screwed with unpaid bills.

It is a shame but it must have been doomed from the start to only have lasted 6 months?

The poor folks who set this up must have been living in financial cloud cuckoo land.

If people really want to become restaurateurs , perhaps better to start small and work your way up rather than think you can do a ramsay from day one...?

My personal opinion is if you want to open a restaurant , you should be a good enough chef to run the kitchen yourself in the early days?

And the other half of your team should be running front of house.

If you have to employ people from day one to run your restaurant for you - well the writing is on the wall.

I worry more about the local suppliers who may well have been screwed with unpaid bills.

Can't argue with any of that!

What a wonderful, sympathetic response from the locals on here. I ate there a few times and it was fantastic. However, these are difficult times so a very tough time to venture out. I'm sorry to.see this place go.

I can only wonder where and why the negative remarks stems from. Jealousy, perhaps?

Archived