Chatroom relationships - do they work?

I met my partner online 12 years ago and we are still together, my daughter met her partner online the same year and they are still together and have 3 children. My son lives in the US after meeting an American woman online and they have been together 14 years and have a 7yr old boy.......so yes it can work.

I met my OH on a forum not unlike this one. It was a chance encounter that brought us together and as someone else mentioned in their post, I would not have met him ever were it not for the internet. He lives in the UK and I live in the US. We got to know each other so well without the pressure of a physical relationship. No confusing lust with love. We each fell in love with the other person based on who we are on the inside. When we first met in person, it was like coming home again after being away a very long time. It was.....heaven. We have always planned to be together, though we are still working at that. We met almost 5 years ago now and the bond I have with him is unlike any other I have ever experienced. Together we have experienced great joy and the depths of despair and it has made us stronger than ever. So yes...it can and does work.

Archived