If i add my 20 years old son to my car insurance , how much it will cost ?

:roll:

My son recently passed his test and I have 3 months insurance remaining on my 130hp Mondeo TDCI. They charged him £85 to be added on. He is 25 though. A 20 year old would cost more. My husband added him to our Group 2 Corsa with six months remaining for £129.00. The insurance co is LV. £400 excess on both

:roll: i just renewed my insurance, so see how it goes on monday ,, thanks for the replied . x

My son recently passed his test and I have 3 months insurance remaining on my 130hp Mondeo TDCI. They charged him £85 to be added on. He is 25 though. A 20 year old would cost more. My husband added him to our Group 2 Corsa with six months remaining for £129.00. The insurance co is LV. £400 excess on both

I don’t know why but diesels are always cheaper even turbo diesels, Corsa is a good option for first car.

When I lived near Doncaster, a young man (who owned a Morris 1000) tried to insure it.

It wasn't an ordinary Moggy. ;)

It had a green furry finish and the original engine had been replaced with a Rover 3.5.

The insurance company told him:

'Sir, we insure saloon cars, we insure estate cars, we insure sports cars. We also insure high-performance cars.

We do NOT insure guided missiles!'

That was nearly 40 years ago. Getting insurance is more difficult today.

I suspect your chance of getting insurance for a 20 year old who has just passed his test to drive a 2-litre 206 is little to none.

But phone around. If he's a student, try Endsleigh. (They insured me to drive a half-race MGB when I was 21.)

isnt this practice illegal if not every one would be doing it, i seem to think it is illegal though and you will not get paid out in case of claim they may insure you but if a claim is made it will not be paid out and you face prosecution, "just putting you wide"

When I lived near Doncaster, a young man (who owned a Morris 1000) tried to insure it.

It wasn't an ordinary Moggy. ;)

It had a green furry finish and the original engine had been replaced with a Rover 3.5.

The insurance company told him:

'Sir, we insure saloon cars, we insure estate cars, we insure sports cars. We also insure high-performance cars.

We do NOT insure guided missiles!'

That was nearly 40 years ago. Getting insurance is more difficult today.

I suspect your chance of getting insurance for a 20 year old who has just passed his test to drive a 2-litre 206 is little to none.

But phone around. If he's a student, try Endsleigh. (They insured me to drive a half-race MGB when I was 21.)

nice story rupert, ,, x

he's a trained soldier .

isnt this practice illegal if not every one would be doing it, i seem to think it is illegal though and you will not get paid out in case of claim they may insure you but if a claim is made it will not be paid out and you face prosecution, "just putting you wide"

ummmm, im not sure its illegal if you phone ur insurance company and ask them, if they say no, and you still let your son drive it, then its illegal,.

its only illegal if you put him as named driver then u let him be the main driver. thats what is illegal on my knowledge.

but will see what my insurance say tomorrow,, will let u all know.

ummmm, im not sure its illegal if you phone ur insurance company and ask them, if they say no, and you still let your son drive it, then its illegal,.

its only illegal if you put him as named driver then u let him be the main driver. thats what is illegal on my knowledge.but will see what my insurance say tomorrow,, will let u all know.

My Bold

i thought that was the idea as his insurance would be sky high

Archived