UK becoming more racist now

exactly

1: certain people fail to diffrentiate and call everybody **** that "resembles one"

2: some "immigrants" are born here and are actually as english as you and i

Hmm English people are white...Even if they're born here their roots aren't English/british.

It's like me saying I'm an Indian when my roots are British. If my children were born in India i'd still class them as British.

Hmm English people are white...Even if they're born here their roots aren't English/british.

It's like me saying I'm an Indian when my roots are British. If my children were born in India i'd still class them as British.

roots and being born somewhere else are completely different

if your born somewhere its all you know, all your friends, home, family, work, school are in that country, you dont remember anything else, your roots you learn from family, your heritage

if we took your way of looking at it, we'd class ourselves as german or danish or someat, cos that be the vast majority of english peoples roots

I noticed from a long time ago that youmg black people born in he UK spoke with exactly the same accents as their white neighbors. This impressed me to believe that racial tension was on the downturn over there. American blacks were on a track to create their own language, and accents, counter to everybody else, their own music, rap, and their own dance, hip hop. Now the white kids are copying them. But racism is reducing from what it was. Interracial marriage is very much more common today, and rightly so.

I don't know why someone who moves to another country is expected to adopt their new culture. There's nothing wrong with still seeing your original country of origin as your main culture. There's nothing wrong with Pakistani men supporting Pakistan when they play England at cricket. Of course they will. How many English people move to Australia but still see themselves as English, no matter how long they've lived there.

By the same rule I don't think immigrants, them coming here, or us going there can claim to be a national of their new country..

You would probably only do that if they were born in India or Kenya or other country that is majority non-white but would your kids still be British if they were born in Australia or the USA? Racism is subtle and unnoticed until exposed for what it is.

I don't know why someone who moves to another country is expected to adopt their new culture. There's nothing wrong with still seeing your original country of origin as your main culture. There's nothing wrong with Pakistani men supporting Pakistan when they play England at cricket. Of course they will. How many English people move to Australia but still see themselves as English, no matter how long they've lived there.

By the same rule I don't think immigrants, them coming here, or us going there can claim to be a national of their new country..

but the kids of those english people who are born in oz will grow up as aussies?

yes theyll look on england as their heritage but theyll live mostly like an aussie, speak with a more aussie accent, go to school in oz etc etc australia to all intents and purposes be all they know

but the kids of those english people who are born in oz will grow up as aussies?

yes theyll look on england as their heritage but theyll live mostly like an aussie, speak with a more aussie accent, go to school in oz etc etc australia to all intents and purposes be all they know

Yes their kids will be Australian though. IMO..

That scenario is about forty years out of date poster. We are now into third or fourth generation immigrants now and all that is different about some people is the colour of their skin. In the Pakistani's case the culture that they have adapted themselves into is neither Pakistani nor English but a mix of the two. It is different to the one they arrived with simply because of influence of life in a multicultural society. That may be different to the Fifty years ago England but the next generations will find their own ways of living together so stop dictating to them.

The differences are being eroded and the process is ongoing so talk of arrivals and adoption is so yesterday, most of the youngsters have never seen true culture of the Indian sub continent so why attribute that to them now just so that they can be pigeon holed for your own convenience?

Yes their kids will be Australian though. IMO..

thats what i said :suspect:

its like my kids, me and the missus are sheffielders but our kids were born up here, they go to school here, only lived here.

they have a strange mix of our accent and a local one lol, we give them a sense of their sheffield heritage (with things like relish and sheff weds :P)

but id still say theyre local to here rather than sheff, even tho its heritage they only visit sheff occasionly not live there

Archived