UK becoming more racist now

in a fair society people are treated equally and are accepting of other peoples cultures,however we in the west have become to accepting which has led to an inbalance in society causing resentment,it never ceases to amaze me how on one hand we can be at war with a people and on the other invite them in to our country and allow them to then undermine us.

Id just like to see British people being taken care of before others. I mean were hardly a 'superpower' yet we seem to be sucked into expensive wars we cant win and serve as a landing post for the waifs and strays of the world.

You and melthebel wont answer the awkward question of weather or not, in the name of multiculturalism, you would be happy to have sky burials, skinning cats and cooking dogs alive and baby dropping rituals etc - all the things that are commonplace in the home countries of certain immigrants that have come to this country, to take place here.

I have a hunch that you wouldn't be happy to see those things talking place here, in which case you don't believe in real multiculturalism, just the childish, heavily watered down multiculturalism where we have people that look different to us, but have to abide by the laws of the land.

i HAVE answered it

we have had immigration for decades now, a few generations of families actually born here, do you see these things you alledge will happen already happening?

do we see sky buriels and stuff on a daily basis?

why is there a sudden paranoia about all these wild things that are gonna happen and why havent they already?

indeed why is it so bad if certaian customs are practised in this country by these groups? the vast majority (english people) arent forced to join in or change our customs?

do we have things like the superbowl on telly for the americans? do we have chinese new year celebrations and dragon parades etc? notting hill carnival for the west indians etc? st paddys day celebrations, weve had melas in this country for decades, doesnt mean we ALL have to celebrate or get forced to visit.......although they can be fun

its definitely multicultural..............the ONLY problem i see is the miserable people who DONT like foriegners in this country.............particularly one set

Back to the OP, I don't think that the UK is more racist at all, not in the most widely understood definition of the term, compared to how it was 30+ years ago. Certainly when my parents married 40 years ago (a mixed marriage) they encountered all kinds of hostility and racism which just would not happen now, as did I when growing up. If anything the pendulum has swung too much the other way where the fear of being wrongly accused of racism is silencing people and allowing others from minority groups to get away with behaviour which would be considered wholly unacceptable if conducted by a white counterpart. So perhaps ironically, the UK is more racist as applying a different set of behavioural standards, criteria and rules to a group of people on the basis of their ethnicity is racist.

No, it isn't a kop out, it is you failing to understand what multiculturalism is (still).

Multiculturalism IS allowing people their own culture AS LONG AS IT IS WITHIN UK LAW.

Auto98uk why should we allow multi culturism in this country because if we immigrated to india, sri lanka, pakistan etc do you really think they would let you build a church.

SO my question is why do we allow it to happen in this country when other countries and I only mention a few will not allow it in theirs.

The reason is we are a soft country and an easy target to immigrate to and seek asylum.

This does not happen as often in AUstralia, France etc or as frequent as it happens here and that is what pees of the English people.

Auto98uk why should we allow multi culturism in this country because if we immigrated to india, sri lanka, pakistan etc do you really think they would let you build a church.

SO my question is why do we allow it to happen in this country when other countries and I only mention a few will not allow it in theirs.

The reason is we are a soft country and an easy target to immigrate to and seek asylum.

This does not happen as often in AUstralia, France etc or as frequent as it happens here and that is what pees of the English people.

Bull there are plenty of christians in Pakistan and india and churches.

We colonised most of those countries anyway.;)

I really loathe this 'tit for tat' argument. Why do we allow it? Because we're a pluralist democracy, although I agree that lines have to be drawn.

Sooo yesterday and days of this type of backward ignorant attitude are numbered. Education will make a difference eventually unless the those who wish to remain ignorant take to the hills and not let their kids go to School or mix in normal society :hihi:

Sooo yesterday and days of this type of backward ignorant attitude are numbered. Education will make a difference eventually unless the those who wish to remain ignorant take to the hills and not let their kids go to School or mix in normal society :hihi:

How is this backward my question was does other countries allow other religions and cultures to be brought into there country and I think you will find that they do not.

Do you really think India, sri lanka etc would allow christians to build the biggest Church in the world in their country (that would obviously be a big fat NO).

But we in this country allow different religions to build the biggest mosques in the world or if not the biggest they are bigger than any of our churches.

If we could build churches, walk around freely in our shorts, women in sleeveless tops and skirts etc in other parts of the world then I would not have any issues here.

Why is it we have to accept everything from other cultures/religion, the reason being is if we dont then the race card is played against this country.

Archived