UK becoming more racist now

By definition, things that people do not believe in are irrelevant to them. That does not negate they might want choice in the matter. It is not just a matter for atheists either. Christians or agnostics or just people that plainly do not want ritually slaughtered meat for whatever reason, should have the choice.
They do have a choice. What is it that the Muslims or the Jews have done that has taken your choice away? The Muslim slaughter houses offered better deal to the businesses purchasing meat for their food output and they use that so if you need to blame anybody then blame the market forces. Then ofcourse you won't have anything to rant about, yeah carry on we all need something to live for and take hate out of your life and deprive you of that choice you'll have another thing to complain about:roll:

Northern Soul, perhaps? Debatable I know, but some theories say so.
I'll admit to Googling the expression, never heard of it before. But that's pretty niche, as cultural shifts (within the meaning of steiner's posts) are concerned, wouldn't you say?
By definition, things that people do not believe in are irrelevant to them. That does not negate they might want choice in the matter.
Quite right. As an astute consumer (and foodie believer :D), I have long copped on that chicken from asian supermarkets (at least those I regularly patron) is better quality and cheaper than regular asda/tesco/sainsbury's fare, even the 'premium' one. Same goes for fresh veg' and frozen seafood :thumbsup:

Key Issue: Labelling

On 16 June 2010 MEPs voted overwhelmingly in favour of German MEP Renate Sommer’s proposals on food labelling. Amendment 205 of these proposals covered the labelling of ritually slaughtered meat. The amendment proposed changes to the draft legislation that would mean that meat and meat products from animals that have been ritually slaughtered must carry the label “Meat from slaughter without stunning”. This amendment was adopted with 326 votes in favour, 270 against and 68 abstentions (majority 56).

The proposals have now moved to the Council of Ministers where it is hoped they will be ratified. This issue is expected to be debated late 2010.

An argument often put forward by religious groups against labelling of the products of religious slaughter is that this proposal would be discriminatory and would cause prejudice. However, to uphold their objection is to discriminate against the majority of consumers, denying them any right of choice and deliberately misleading them about the source of their meat. We believe such concerns are not sufficient to deny consumers more accurate information.

Another reason advanced against labelling is the potential loss of income to the halal/kosher industry, making it uneconomic. This reason implicitly accepts two powerful arguments for labelling: that a material proportion of those buying meat that is not pre-stunned would not do so if they knew its source and that the quantities involved are substantial. It glosses over two further - understandably unstated *- ethically dubious underlying assumptions, that:

1. It is not just acceptable to mislead the public in this way, but that the legislative process should be complicit in this deceit.

2. The necessity to subsidise the religious slaughter industry is more important than informing customers that meat they buy has been slaughtered in a way that they would not like and may consider unnecessarily cruel.

The debate should, however, consider the impact on the whole population of any religious privilege in this regard. We suspect that a significant proportion of the population would be horrified to find that simply not buying or eating labelled halal and kosher meat does not mean that they have avoided it.

http://www.secularism.org.uk/religious-slaughter-of-animals.html

That still doesn't answer the question. What does what other countries (not individuals) do, have to do with what our country does?

uh...what? Nothing to do with the issue.

Why is it nothing to do with the issue ..of course it is ..students rioting because of increase in fees government backing the main immigration source' education to the tune of 650 million ..of course its going to cause resentment which in turn leads to other things,if you cant see that ..well what can I say..I bet the BNP jump straight on it

and you and i could very well be of german heritage like i said. but that doesnt count, does it?

My history doesn't go back to german.

TBF I wouldn't want to go to India and see them doing British things, it would put me off. They would probaly feel the same way.

It's good that people keep their backgrounds.

Telly ho old chap...botton fish banana's and all that :)

Why is it nothing to do with the issue ..of course it is ..students rioting because of increase in fees government backing the main immigration source' education to the tune of 650 million ..of course its going to cause resentment which in turn leads to other things,if you cant see that ..well what can I say..I bet the BNP jump straight on it

What exactly are you referring to here?

My history doesn't go back to german.

TBF I wouldn't want to go to India and see them doing British things, it would put me off. They would probaly feel the same way.

It's good that people keep their backgrounds.

Telly ho old chap...botton fish banana's and all that :)

What British things do you mean?

just looking at this thread is seeing how racist some people can be, they will find ANY excuse about foriegners in this country. the irony of it

Just the coloured muslims...no mention of chinese, germans, americans, ect.

Fish and chip style shops, dressing and talking like us. I would want to take in their way, not mine.

You get what I mean?

you go to another country to see different things, NOT be a surrogate england :loopy:

immigration wise, you take on board the new ways but also celebrate and remember your own older cultural things

if i moved to spain id still deep down think about hendies relish, sheff weds and like to say some of the old sheffield words i remember from time to time for example

Archived